What is your all time favourite metal song?

MrReaper182

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
So metal fans what is your all time favourite metal song? (it does not matter what style of metal it is). Mine is The drapery falls by the mighty Opeth. I love how that song starts off as a 70's prog rock song then half way through turns into an extreme metal song then ends as a 70's prog rock song. Epic stuff.

Other metal songs I love are Love you to death by Type O Negative, The raven and the rose by My Dying Bride, Take a look arond by Limp Bizkit, Carmilla by Theatres Des Vampires, Spieluhr by Rammstein, Dead eyes see no future by Arch Enemy, When a dead man walks by Lacuna Coil, Nemo by Nightwish, Hollywood whore by Papa Roach, What if by Creed, Freak on a leash by Korn, Only for the weak by In Flames, Darkness incarnate by Cradle Of Filth, The promised future aeons by Dimmu Borgir, Spit it out by Slipknot, War pigs by Black Sabbath, Two minutes to midnight by Iron Maiden, Minerva by Deftones, Island by Mad Capule Markets and Blood on the ground by Incubus.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Opeth - Blackwater Park is my favourite song - and album - of all time. :rockout:

Dream Theater - Disappear is probably my second fave

Third place changes all the time, it's probably something by Uneven Structure at the mo', Plenitude/Finale would be my guess.

D

Deleted member 2457

Guns N Roses - Paradise City or November Rain.

The_Lhc said:
plastic penguin said:
Not really a proper 'metal' fan, although i do love guitar-led tracks/groups. This has be one of my favs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avM_UsVo0IA&feature=kp

Should be the next Bond theme. Wicked.

Pretty sure that was them pitching themselves for a Bond theme, not least as you can hear the Bond theme in the strings at several points.

Absolutely. If memory serves me it was touted as a theme for 'Skyfall', but still think it has legs for the next movie (whenever that's made)

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
Blimey! I just asked my son this and his reply was he couldn`t even name a favourite band or album let alone one song! Just too many.

Still, a couple of early favourites were -

`Spirit Of Radio` by Rush and `Touch Too Much` by AC/DC.

Never get tired of `Between the Hammer and the Anvil` by Judas Priest or `Witchfinder General` by Cathedral.

A recent favourite is `Voodoo Dust` by The Devil`s Blood.

But of course for true metal it has to be `Battle Hymn` by Manowar. Altogether now...`By moonlight we ride, ten thousand side by side...` :rockout:

jjbomber

Iced Earth - Gettysburg Trilogy from Glorious Burden album.

Metal song could be 'Iron' Man, something by 'Led' Zeppelin or even Freddie 'Mercury'. 'Copper'-head Road and 'Brass' in Pocket almost qualify. Then there's Saxon with Wheels of 'Steel' or even Judas Priest with the British 'Steel' album.

MrReaper182

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Big Chris said:
Opeth - Blackwater Park is my favourite song - and album - of all time. :rockout:

Dream Theater - Disappear is probably my second fave

Third place changes all the time, it's probably something by Uneven Structure at the mo', Plenitude/Finale would be my guess.

My favourite Opeth album is Still Life (and probably my secound favourite metal album after October rust by Type O Negative) followed by Ghost reveries then the the fans favourite Blackwater park. The song Blackwater park is an awesome song and my second favourite song from the album Blackwater park. I love how Mikeal can go extreme metal singing to clean syle singing like it was the most natural thing in the world. When he sings he has one very beautiful voice. Aaron from My Dying Bride can go from Extreme metal vocals to clean style singing very well too. He also has a very beautiful singing voice.

MrReaper182

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
survivor said:
Blimey! I just asked my son this and his reply was he couldn`t even name a favourite band or album let alone one song! Just too many.

Still, a couple of early favourites were -

`Spirit Of Radio` by Rush and `Touch Too Much` by AC/DC.

Never get tired of `Between the Hammer and the Anvil` by Judas Priest or `Witchfinder General` by Cathedral.

A recent favourite is `Voodoo Dust` by The Devil`s Blood.

But of course for true metal it has to be `Battle Hymn` by Manowar. Altogether now...`By moonlight we ride, ten thousand side by side...` :rockout:

It easy for me to name my favourite songs as my favourite songs hold a special place in my heart and take me back to good times in my past life. Love you to death by Type O Negative is my second favorite metal song. It was the first metal song I liked. I had heard a few trash metal songs before hearing Love you to death but I never really liked them but then in the summer of 1997 I heard that song and It changed everything. On hearing that song I know metal music could be very beautiful sounding music and that metal music was not afraid to experiment and that is why Love you to death will always hold a special place in my heart.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
From memory...

Suicidal Tendencies - Waking the dead

Slayer - At dawn they sleep

Sepultura - Troops of Doom

Metallica - For Whom the Bell tolls

Pestilence - Impaled existance

Morbid Angel - Abominations

Pestilence - Testimony

Pantera - Walk

Sabbat - The best of enemies

Faith no more - Zombie Eaters

V:28 - Unleash the energy

I don't listen to metal so often now, so these are mostly quite old :)

koolkeith

Aug 27, 2009
Visit site
Free Design - Kites are Fun

The Association - Rose Petals, Incense and a Kitten

The Alessi Brothers - Oh Lori;

are as metalic as I like to get as it's the mincest genre of all, by a country mile.

rofl.gif

LDTM

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
To the OP, if you enjoyed Nightwish's "Nemo" (as I do) then I highly recommend Xandria's "Neverworld's End" - that album is truly epic.

All time favourite? Quite possibly "Haunted" by Kamelot.

Other favoured tracks:

Type O Negative - Christian Woman

Amorphis - Silent Waters

Ancient bards - The Birth of Evil

Powerwolf - Secrets of the Sancristi

Nightwish - Dark Chest of Wonders

Dreamtale - Firestorm

Battlebeast - Black Ninja

Psychostick - BEER!

Serenity - Legacy of Tudors

So much good stuff - don't want to fill up the page... m/ 8) m/

TRENDING THREADS