What is the best vinyl you have ever heard and treasure?

T

the record spot

I've got a few, but Ted Hawkins "The Venice Beach Tapes" on a minor label from 1986 was rather impressive. Coltrane's self-titled release of the same name was also impressive on the Impulse label.

seasiders rock

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
Dixie Dregs.....night of the living dregs....

Grover Washington Junior...Mr Magic.

The The....Soul mining.....

I could be here all night...
emotion-11.gif

seasiders rock

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
Dixie Dregs.....night of the living dregs....

Grover Washington Junior...Mr Magic.

The The....Soul mining.....

I could be here all night...
emotion-11.gif

Excuse the double post...Putor at work is pants..

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
seasiders rock:ÿExcuse the double post...Putor at work is pants..ÿ

You can delete your own posts you know...

Most treasured vinyl? Don't really get that attached to it to be honest, but it took me 15 years to track down PWEI's Very Metal Noise Pollution shaped picture disc, so that's quite special. No idea what it sounds like, I didn't buy it to listen to!ÿ

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
I don`t treasure this album but `These Days` by Crystal Gayle sounds superb on my system. Great production and a very tasty sounding piece of vinyl.

A

Anonymous

Possibly not going to fit in with this forum, however,

'Searcing for a young soul rebel', Dexy's Midnight Runners.

High end, budget, makes no difference, brings back lovely memories of times gone by.

Not a mark on the disc, still love it and always will.

A

Anonymous

leahandanna:
Possibly not going to fit in with this forum, however,

'Searcing for a young soul rebel', Dexy's Midnight Runners.

High end, budget, makes no difference, brings back lovely memories of times gone by.

Not a mark on the disc, still love it and always will.

Fit's in fine with this middle-aged soul rebel - a classic.

idc

Haven't owned a record player for 15 years plus, but still have this..................................

51554SMMRJL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

I still spin the wheel sometimes. As for the best vinyl: Pink Floyd. In the late 1970s albums were £3.99, but Pink Floyd were £4.49 and the quality of the vinyl helped to justify the extra cost. Any record released by the Charisma label (Genesis and others) was that little bit thicker and the sound was good.

A

Anonymous

The only vinyl I treasure was at my parents house. I have a home video recording of me jumping into a KEF speaker when I was three years old thanks to the sounds of The Beatles.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
idc:

Haven't owned a record player for 15 years plus, but still have this..................................

I still spin the wheel sometimes. As for the best vinyl: Pink Floyd. In the late 1970s albums were £3.99, but Pink Floyd were £4.49 and the quality of the vinyl helped to justify the extra cost. Any record released by the Charisma label (Genesis and others) was that little bit thicker and the sound was good.

I bought this in 1970 and played it on my Dansette record player in my bedroom. The hifi quality may have been non-existent but the album just blew me away." Immigrant Song" was an original sound and different to anything I'd heard at that time. The drumming and guitar on "Since I've Been Loving You" is brilliant and I must have spent hours spinning the wheel on the cover

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Lost Angeles:idc:

ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ

I bought this in 1970 and played it on my Dansette record player in my bedroom. The hifi quality may have been non-existent but the album just blew me away." Immigrant Song" was an original sound and different to anything I'd heard at that time. The drumming and guitar on "Since I've Been Loving You" is brilliant and I must have spent hours spinning the wheel on the cover

ÿ

How do you rate your TT to your CD Mr Angeles?

ÿ

A

Anonymous

Since this asks about vinyl and not music...

My answer is The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

The original recordings of the BBC radio series released on vinyl were so evocative and the atmosphere built up through the imperfections of the media is all part of the experience.

The subsequent TV series and film can not compete with the pictures your mind conjures up from the audio.ÿ

idc

The original CD release of all of Led Zeppelin's albums was a disappointment as the recording was poor. My brother had the original CDs when I still had vinyl and we did a back to back and vinyl won easily. But by the time I bought my albums on CD Jimmy Page had remastered them and the sound quality was better. My brother also took the inner sleeve of 'In through the outdoor' and wiped it with a damp cloth to see the colours appear, then panicked and tried to rub out the evidence! What a mess.

A

Anonymous

I'd say Sarah McLachlan's Solace. One of my favourite albums, wonderfully remastered by Classic Records.

Fenton Beasley

Dec 4, 2008
Visit site
idc:

A great album and a great cover.

I can just about listen to "Since I've Been Loving You" without being distracted by that squeeking bass drum pedal. My CD192 plays it better than my Planer 3 though.

PS. Is it me or is the vinyl version very quiet?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts