what is the best system up to £500 for listening to classical piano music

Pokey

Mar 18, 2020
Visit site
At this price, there are a few active speakers worth trying. For example, the Klipsh R-51PM did score some great reviews (though I hadn't a chance to try them yet), and you can basically directly stream to them without the need for any other box.

Redsetter

Apr 18, 2020
Visit site
I would prefer to have speakers. The room that the system is going in is above 4metres square. The floor is Amtico and has curtains making it an acoustically bright room. All this is because it is to be a dedicated music room with a Steinway grand piano in situ (when the lockdown is over)!

SteveH72

Feb 25, 2020
Visit site

Lovely little system for £500. Great speakers and lovely, matching Marantz kit. You‘d struggle to do much better for £500

Reactions: EricLeRouge

insider9

I'm sorry I wasn't trying to be sarcastic. Just drunk. Also not long ago I got a lovely piano and I'm at that stage myself. They sound fabulous :D

By the way Roland uses Steiway samples for the digital pianos.

Let me try to decipher the rest of the tread. By the way... if you want to be healthy try kiwi soaked in spiced rum :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Redsetter

insider9

I can't believe I'm going to say that but from Richer Sounds you can get Monitor Audio Bronze 2 and Onkyo A9010 which will come under £500. Compliment with some pure copper cables and something like second hand Philips CD-160 and it will be perfect for you.

Reactions: Al ears

EricLeRouge

Jan 15, 2020
Visit site
It may sound simplistic, but a cool option would a Yamaha mini-system (probably less than £500 used). I had one a few years back at my girlfriend's, and it sounded surprisingly good and musical with piano pieces, unfortunately I can't remember the unit reference. The speakers finish was even piano lacquer and the system looked quite ok in a living room. Unfortunately I left it with my GF when we split, still miss it sometimes for casual CD and radio listening. :)

Reactions: Redsetter

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts