What is the best 2.1 system?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
It appears that 2.1 systems are becoming accepted in the previously wire cluttered world of home cinema, with several of the top companies having a shot at the format.

So the question is, which is the best?

Does anyone out there have one of these systems and how well has it performed?

IMO I would prefer to go with t receiver such as the Onkyo SR505e, but I am unsure as to whether it can lend itself to a 2.1 output, for example with two bookshelf speakers, centre speaker and a subwoofer. This option always leaves the possibility of upgrading to a full surround system if required.

I think the 2.1 systems are a good step onto the ladder for home cinema newbies (yes, I am one)

Opinions wanted!

A

Anonymous

Budget?

What you are talking about is more a 3.1 system. JVC do one and Sony have a system sold as a 5.1 that can be used without the rear speakers. There is the KEF 2.1 system which is reckoned to be good and if you want to blow the budget Meridian do a 2.1 system. I am rather hoping the Onkyo LS-V501, or at least its receiver, is the bees knees as I have just ordered one.

A

Anonymous

So, you did order it? When are you getting it, and did you get just the receiver or the complete system?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Chris The Ninja Pirate"]
I am rather hoping the Onkyo LS-V501, or at least its receiver, is the bees knees as I have just ordered one.

[/quote]

If your budget is higher, the Arcam Movie Solo 2.1 is well worth its £1450.

And there's a review of the Onkyo in our April issue, out next Thursday (6th March).

A

Anonymous

Crikey, I hope its good. Cheers Jan, yes I have ordered it but I got the receiver only so its on back order. Probably have time to cancel though, so I will make a bee line for the newsagent on the 6th to check I have made the correct purchasing decision!

Wightknight

Jul 29, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Clare Newsome"]
And there's a review of the Onkyo [LS-V501] in our April issue, out next Thursday (6th March).

[/quote]

Excellent news, Clare!

I was so disappointed that Onkyo could not be bothered to set this system up properly at the Bristol Show. They had the sub on a table, used very cheap and nasty speaker wire and displayed the picture on a 20" screen. Don't they understand that people who go to the show are trying to make buying decisions based on what they see and hear?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts