what is better ? Denon DVD-2500BT Or BDP-51FD

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Simple question really , What one is better in terms of Sound and picture ?

I have the Denon 1909 . Can i just connect this in to the 2500BT HDMI socket and get True HD to show up on the Receiver ?

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
The Pioneer won the best player under £500 and the Denon won best player over £500 in last month's mag IIRC. As you're not blowing the image up to 100+" on a projector screen or running a mega bucks ISF calibrated pro display, I would go with the cheaper machine and blow the rest on discs especially as you're other equipment is mid ranged. You could put the money saved on the cheaper machine towards an upgrade elsewhere in your system (law of diminishing returns and all that). In the end though, you should demo to make sure you can see/hear the differences. As to audio, a lot of people are saying that there isn't much in it between any of the bluray players, high end or not. The Denon can only bitstream the audio so yes as long as your receiver can decode Dolby True HD (which it can), it will show up on the display of your amp. I hope that getting the audio format displayed on your amp isn't the only reason you're upgrading from your PS3 though!
emotion-5.gif

pete321

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
The Denon will be the better machine but I think in terms of HD it's so marginal it's not worth the extra dosh. If I had my choice again, I'd get the Pioneer over the Denon.

The Denon 2500BT does excel at DVD upscaling, better than most receiver upscaling chips, i.e. I think it's better than the HQV Reon in my Onkyo 905. If upscaling DVD's is going to be a major factor for you, you might want to give preference to the Denon, but I honestly don't think it's worth the extra for blu-ray playback over the Pioneer.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
jasonsony735:Simple question really , What one is better in terms of Sound and picture ?

I have the Denon 1909 . Can i just connect this in to the 2500BT HDMI socket and get True HD to show up on the Receiver ?

The Denon may be the better player but I could'nt see or hear much of a difference between the two in an admittedly short dem using one of Denon's high-end receivers and a pioneer display. If anything I preferred the slightly sharper picture (and looks) of the pioneer but as there are so many set-up factors to consider that may just have been accidental and/or something else has not been optimized.

Bear in mind you can get the Pioneer for 300 quid and it's imo weighing heavily in favour of the BD51 unless you have a set-up that is capable of revealing the last drop of increased pq the Denon may have. With the price difference you could buy quite a few discs ...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts