What is a good way to get in to classical music?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
DavidNorway:
James ok

After reading your post it made me want to have a listen,i have just put in to Spotify (classical) and it came up with Classical Chillout,i bought this for my mother years ago and its very light and easy to get in to.Its sounding lush on my set up.Enjoy

Good stuff David - are you a classical music novice like me then?

DavidNorway

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I really no nothing about classical music,im more soul,jazz,funk.What i can really reconmend is The Heritage Orchestra or The Cinematic Orchestra,both are very modern orchestra both highly thought of by Gilles Peterson.Please have a listen.

Enjoy

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
DavidNorway:
I really no nothing about classical music,im more soul,jazz,funk.What i can really reconmend is The Heritage Orchestra or The Cinematic Orchestra,both are very modern orchestra both highly thought of by Gilles Peterson.Please have a listen.

Enjoy

Youre pretty much in the same boat as me then. I have a couple of Cinematic Orchestra CDs already - heard them somewhere and bought some of their stuff.

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
It's not so much the CDs you own as the range of music you hear or try, one way or another. The experience is key...it leads you onto other things. Do NOT be put off by purists going on about this or that recording, particularly when starting out.

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:If you have an internet radio, try the AVRO Klassiek stations from the Netherlands - good performances and excellent internet sound quality.

Thanks for the recommendation Andrew - I added the various AVRO stations to my Reciva account a while back and am impressed. Not only is there good sound quality the display also tells you what is playing (essential for a novice like me).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts