what interconnects for amp and cd player?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Yes i'm back again, asking more questions!!

Just bought second hand amp and cd player to go with my yummy kef speakers. But not sure which interconnects to buy. I've googled my socks off and still none the wiser. I'm guessing analogue is the way to go over digital, but there are so many different brands that i'm back in a tiz. Again cheap as possible, as i've already exceeded my budget!!!

Thanks.

Mr Morph

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I'll ask the obvious question, what is the amp and player. The others will want to know. Personally I prfer solid core IC's above muti strands. And what is your budget?

T

the record spot

happy2bhere2 said:
Yes i'm back again, asking more questions!!

Just bought second hand amp and cd player to go with my yummy kef speakers. But not sure which interconnects to buy. I've googled my socks off and still none the wiser. I'm guessing analogue is the way to go over digital, but there are so many different brands that i'm back in a tiz. Again cheap as possible, as i've already exceeded my budget!!!

Thanks.

If going down the copper route, if you fancy it, spend a tenner and get some Computergear phono cables. Well built (but basic, albeit fully shielded, etc) but without the cache (or price) of higher ended interconnects. If you want branded, then QED's Qunex 2 is absolutely fine as well for about £30, with a good build of a slightly higher order than the Computergear and if you want branded and pricey, then Atlas Navigators at £200-odd will do the same job as the other two. I found no difference from a listening perspective between all three. YMMV and of course, it's your wallet!

One last thing, the Atlas cables I mentioned and have can be had for under £90 on offer, so shop around.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Van Damme UP LC-OFC interconnects. Less grain than standard OFC and you'd need to spend a lot more before you hear any benefits

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Another vote for the pricier Atlas cables if you can find 'em for a good price. I haven't checked eBay for any recently, but I picked up a couple of pairs of Titans for £82 per .5 metre pair. A cracking cable IMO.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts