What Impressed You Most?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Well I can't say it wasn't an eventful day! We got there at bang on 10 o'clock and after meeting Jason Plato outside the hotel, we went in. Some very good equipment greeted us! My highlights were the big black 51/2 foot tall speakers (I don't know the name sorry) on about the 3rd floor - incredible and a real joy to hear - I was also thrilled with the performance of the PMC I series speakers which really packed a punch! I was also amazed at the set-up Marantz had - the PM6002 amplifier with the CD6002 cd player and Mordant Short speakers - a winning combination which had an amazing sounstage for the price! And then we come to Naim - now they did nothing but scare me with their system comprising of the top-of-the-range Pre/Power Amp + Vinyl + DBL speakers...superb! And I also blagged myself some Grado SR60s which I'm very pleased with...I was going to go the whole way and get some Sennheiser HD 650s but I didn't have the guts to spend £300 : ( ....

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
I have to say it was the ADAM Audio room. Their £650 HM2 speaker were simply breathtaking. To the point that I'm waiting on an email from the UK distributors telling me how I can get hold of a pair. I'm even selling my (other) motorbike to fund them...

A

Anonymous

A wonderful show with many more great sounding and looking systems than even last year.But where were Yamaha?

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
Better late than never... I was absolutely blown away by the SIM2 demo of their 1080p projector with anamorphic lens adaptor, but at £20,000 I don't think I'll be rushing out to buy one. As for affordable kit, the new PMC DBis were fantastic, they've leapt onto my shortlist, perhaps WHFS&V could do group test including them sometime soon? Wish I'd bought a pair of Grado SR60s too, oh bother, maybe next time.

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="fatboyslimfast"]I have to say it was the ADAM Audio room. Their £650 HM2 speaker were simply breathtaking. To the point that I'm waiting on an email from the UK distributors telling me how I can get hold of a pair. I'm even selling my (other) motorbike to fund them...[/quote]

Bu66er. Heard back from them and they are £650 EACH, not per pair. And i've sold my bike. Oh well. Might still try to get a listen to some PMC DB1i's though, as well as maybe the rega R3 or 4s...

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
The Wilson Benesch demo did it for me. The visuals were awful (projector - room too bright?) but the sound was great. They played some Elton John video....and I can't stand him. But it really felt like you were there. "Involving" would be my one word description.

A

Anonymous

Totem Arro's - stunningly good sound played through rega equipment but were they interacting with the other speakers in the room??? I may have to go and demo them in isolation just to be sure. I did not hear anything at any price that impressed me so much. Possibly time to start saving!

A

Anonymous

I've auditioned the Totem Staff floorstanders and wasn't impressed with their delivery of mid frequencies...a little harsh, imo. The Totem Hawks are very nice, but out of my budget...I still need to listen to the Arros.

BTW - the Staff and Hawks were paired with the new NAD C355bee (an integrated amp that I'm very impressed with).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts