What HiFi in fraud shock!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I bought this months edition of the mag on the basis of the 32 inch TV test and the promise of a review of new Mission speakers. Unfortunately there was nothing about the Mission speakers inside! Nothing. I have searched cover to cover. Have I missed something? When I buy a magazine (or anything else for that matter) I expect it to do what it says on the tin. I'm disappointed. This isn't the first time you have mis-informed your loyal customers. I have noticed in the past that you will often mention items in the 'Next Month' section which do not appear next month e.g. some of the recent NAD range. Please get it together!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Nice attention-grabbing headline!

As we have explained elsewhere on these forums, the Mission speakers became unavailable for review after the cover had gone to press, and we apologise for the fact they're not in the issue.

We hope to have them in the next issue.

Wightknight

Jul 29, 2007
Visit site
.... and have you seen how inflation has hit the world of hi-fi?

The £30 Sennheiser headphones on the cover have gone up to £40 by the time you reach page 17!

Regards (with tongue firmly in cheek) ....

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
As we've explained elsewhere, the cover has to go to print well before the rest of the magazine. Unfortunately, in the real world of magazine production, things can change at the last minute: products get withdrawn unexpectedly, manufacturers fail to supply after promising they would, we discover a certain item won't be on sale in time or the prices change at the eleventh hour.

We do our very best to avoid any of these discrepancies, but sadly there's that well-known phrase "sod's law".
emotion-6.gif

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Wightknight:.... and have you seen how inflation has hit the world of hi-fi?

The £30 Sennheiser headphones on the cover have gone up to £40 by the time you reach page 17!

Regards (with tongue firmly in cheek) ....

£30 real-world price (as reviewed); £40 list price

Can only apologise again about the Missions - they were scheduled to appear in the issue, so they were put on the cover.

As mentioned, after the cover was printed, the on-sale date of the Mission speakers was changed and we could no longer run the review in the magazine (which went to print a month later). Iif the speaker isn't available to buy or demo there's not much we can do about that here.

It's a similar story with next-month page info - we order in review products, and fully intend/expect to feature them in that next issue. However, sometimes the manufacturer will change the release date and/or review product simply doesn't become available in time.

Our quest to bring you reviews of the very latest products first (but only ones you can actually audition/buy!) can mean we're in the hands of fate on these matters. We'll always keep you updated here; I mentioned online here more than a week ago that the Missions weren't in the issue, for example; maybe I should have made that much clearer.

TRENDING THREADS