What Hi-Fi Show at the Excel (Stuff)

FROGIT

Aug 18, 2007
Visit site
After reading all the topics appertaining to this years show, I am glad that I did not travel the 250 miles approx to visit this venue, even though I won tickets by entering a competition
in the What Hi-Fi magazine.
Just one comment why can't these Shows be held more centrally in the country i.e :- N E C at
Birmingham or other venues ?

Regards :- FROGIT

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I'll pass your feedback onto our exhibitions team, who run this event.

Back in its Live! days we once held the event at the NEC, I remember (@1999?) - i'll certainly bring up location, as well as the many other issues raised, when we meet with the exhibitions team tomorrow.

SACripps

Oct 25, 2008
Visit site
It's good to hear that you'll be taking up the various concerns posted (mine among them!) with the event organisers - I hope you can share the outcome.

It would certainly help me feel that our views are valued.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Oh fear not, i've already written a lengthy report, and used quotes from Forum posts and emails....

Mistakes get made, but they can be learned from
emotion-1.gif

SouthaK

Aug 28, 2007
Visit site
Clare Newsome:
Oh fear not, i've already written a lengthy report, and used quotes from Forum posts and emails....

emotion-1.gif

...Posted on 3 hours, 34 minutes ago...does this women ever stop working...? ;-)

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Clare Newsome:

emotion-1.gif

Is there any possibility that the main lessons identified and actions resulting from these lessons would be made public? It would make me feel better if I thought that my experiences were being addressed and appropriate measures taken to ensure that similar issues do not arise in the future, making for better events for me, other members of the public and resulting for a more positive showcase for WhatHifi.

We all make mistakes. That's what being human is all about. It's when we keep making the same mistakes that we deserve a roasting.

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Yes, a public enquiry would be OTT.

But a recognition of the issues and the way to address them in future might be opportunity to counter some the negative feedback on the forum at the moment.

SACripps

Oct 25, 2008
Visit site
Clare Newsome:

emotion-1.gif

Hi Clare

We're almost a couple of months on from your planned meeting with the event organisers. It would be great if you could share any of the outcomes from what you discussed.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Sorry, I did on another thread - in short, much more emphasis on hi-fi for 2009 as an objective, complete with dedicated area plus much more floor space. Meetings with many manufacturers lined up by the exhibitions team, it seems.

I've got another meeting with them later this month, once we're back from CES, so should get update then.

SACripps

Oct 25, 2008
Visit site
That sounds great - I missed your response in the other thread - apologies.

I don't know yet if I'll be able to make the next show, but if I do I hope to provide some upbeat feedback!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts