What Hi Fi setup is this?

Revoltrax

Jan 20, 2020
Visit site
Hello everyone, it's my first post here, thanks for having me :)

I found an old man selling this speaker system with pre-amp, tuner etc on the internet for 40€, "in working condition" I asked him if he could send me more pictures so I can see the model of the speakers clearly, he said that they are deep in his garage and he can't get to them alone, he's old and weak, but I can come and look for it myself, try out, whatever. Before I go onto 100km trip to see it for myself, I want to know what I'm looking at. I really like the looks of the system and it seems high end enough for 40€.

So the question is, does anyone recognize the model of these speaker from the image?

I have found pre-amp to be: AKAI AM-69

The rest of the equipment I'm not sure too.

Thank you.

Attachments

• 14904483b3bc8210501a760ebaab980b.png
    14904483b3bc8210501a760ebaab980b.png
    766.7 KB · Views: 44

insider9

Looks like CD player is worth more than this. 100km is not very far. I've done 400 mile round trip before for speakers. But check all is working.

Not sure what these speakers are. They won't sound like anything modern but may surprise. Also maybe absolute garbage. There's there to make a trip and you'll be able to, worse case, get your money back.

Revoltrax

Jan 20, 2020
Visit site
Looks mid-90's. At 40€ buy it. Details of amp here: https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/akai/am-69.shtml

The only concern here is that it is in his garage... damp conditions and electronics do not go well together. But I'd still buy it any way.

That's what I thought too, could be a surprise tho, if everything works, it's probably a steal.

Looks like CD player is worth more than this. 100km is not very far. I've done 400 mile round trip before for speakers. But check all is working.

Not sure what these speakers are. They won't sound like anything modern but may surprise. Also maybe absolute garbage. There's there to make a trip and you'll be able to, worse case, get your money back.

Yeah, good speakers and equipment are definitely worth the trip, it's just that I like to be sure what I'm buying before I go, so I can do the research etc. Living a student life so every penny is hard to spend lol. I'll hit the road soon for this one, looks like a steal, also hope these speakers are not one of those van scam speakers.

Thanks.

insider9

Not van scams. Probably AV. Could be anything from interesting to awful. The way I see it. You spend max 60EUR including petrol and sell tape deck and tuner and the rest is free.

Speakers even if not great will sell to someone for 30EUR, amp and CD player for 100EUR. Best part there may be some interesting interconnect. You'll make 100EUR profit and have some fun. That's if all is working and you actually dont want to keep it. If it sounds good then you have a whole system for a price of a night out.

D

Deleted member 108165

The more I look at this the more interesting it becomes. I'd love to find something like this at this at this price. The seller says It's in full working condition, I'd have been in the car straight away on my way to collect it :)

Reactions: insider9

TRENDING THREADS