What hi fi Nad 545 broken again any suggestions.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All

My Nads 545 has the same problem again skipping tracks and no response from front panel buttons. Superfi changed the last one 15 months ago now its happened again. Its still under warranty and I will take it back.

I have tried the Marantz cd6003 but did not like the sound of it personal prefrence.

Any suggestion of a new replacement player which sounds similar to Nad (warm sounding ) I dont like bright treble that why I did not like the Marantz.

I going to buy brand new what should I shortlist for the £350 I want to spend.

Kind regards

gtncj.

A

Anonymous

Marantz CD6003 a overbright player?

There's something wrong ... Marantz CD players do have drawbacks but none of them can't be considered bright in comparison to similary priced machines.

For my liking, the best budget playeres are Rega, Creek and Arcam's. All of them are nicely warm but cost more than £350.

I've got Marantz SA8001 which is very close sonically to SA8003/4. It's not a flawless player but has a set of qualities which I like: warm and quite natural midrange; sweet silky highs; satisfatory dynamics, and; good soundstage. Unfortunately, it's also retailed at a higher value than your budget.

If I were you I'd spend a bit more than £350 and get a higher standard player.

A

Anonymous

Thanks gents

You are correct about the marantz not being bright I do like the Marantz sound but like a more natrual sound for the treble. I may have to spend more. The fact that I spent £300 and IMO have to buy a new one 15 months later is annoying. Does any one know if they will be realising any new models for their 40th or what new models are on the horizon.

KR

gtncj.

A

Anonymous

If your player was working I would recommend you an external DAC like DAC Magic, Musical Fidelity VDAC or ARCAM rDAC. Do you have another player (blu-ray or DVD player) which might be used as a transport?

Movement Audio is selling an ex-demo Rega Apollo for £400. This player is rock solid and I'm pretty sure it'll last for much longer than a brand new NAD. Actually, NAD as well as Cambridge Audio's built quality is not at them same standard as Rega's and other genuine British made equipment.

Cold Roses

Sep 23, 2009
Visit site
Gtncj - if you're based in or around London, the Epsom branch of Audio T is having a closing down sale with some fantastic offers, including 30% of all remaining stereo electronics. They had an Apollo when I was there earlier today - i.e., within your £350 budget. A bargain at the price! If you're in the area it's worth giving them a call next week.

Though be warned, with the offers they have on at the moment it's a dangerous place to go!

A

Anonymous

Thanks again gents

@ the moment I have short listed.

Nad 565 (whats it reliability like.)

Rega Apollo

Audiolab 8200

Acram FMJ CD17

Tried using my ps3 not impressed with result so i'm using my ipod classic with an apple dock still not happy with sound after having the 545. Budget gone up to around £650. While the nads getting fixed giving myself a couple months to save up.

I did want matching amp and cd that why I am thinking of the 565.

KR

gtncj.

A

Anonymous

I would choice between Arcam and Apollo. Taking into account the special offers for Apollo, I think it's worthwhile saving money and take home the cheapest but awesome Rega's entry level CD spinner.

Anyway, considering your budget is 650 pounds now you should try Rega's DAC as well.

A

Anonymous

Hi Guys. How would you compare the sound of the nad 545 to a rega apollo. Thanks. Gtncj

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi. If you can take your old 545 back to the shop and exchange for a new one. This seems the best solution as you get the player you already prefer with the sound you like. Or get a new 545BEE with extended warranty.

Adu

Dec 7, 2008
Visit site
Have you listen a Pioneer Pd-d6-j? I own this player from 2008 and it's working perfect. Here is the link: http://www.whathifi.com/review/pioneer-pd-d6-j

A

Anonymous

Hi All

Thanks for you comments decided to get the Arcam.

Kind regards

Gtncj.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts