WHAT HI*FI magazine deals

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
bigboss said:
They're almost certainly legit. I have received such calls, and I have taken up the offer in the past. The first time, I cancelled the subscription within 3 months so no additional charges. The second time, I let it run for a further 6 months.

They usually get your details if you have entered any competition on the website, and haven't unticked the box which says they may contact you with offers.

Right, although the guy ie spoke to tried to convince me it wasn't a subscription but just £3 for 3 issues, I questioned this and he started burbling so no go there and told them to phone back.

Don't mind special offers but I am anti subscription in order to get them. I just buy a hard copy when I am bored. :)

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Apologies, I was away last week so I will look into this first thing this morning. AFAIK it is legit, but we use an external company for our subs offers so let me double check. As bigboss says, if you have entered a competition or other promotion with us you may have given us permission to contact you with special offers.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Don't worry folks, I can confirm this is all perfectly legit. Statement below from our subscription department:

"Yes it is legitimate. If you're a lapsed subscriber or if you've given us your data in some way and opted in, our subs team will contact you to offer you a trial offer."

Andy Clough said:
Don't worry folks, I can confirm this is all perfectly legit. Statement below from our subscription department:

"Yes it is legitimate. If you're a lapsed subscriber or if you've given us your data in some way and opted in, our subs team will contact you to offer you a trial offer."

Many thanks for clarification Andy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts