What Hi-Fi? Awards 2020

djh1697

Nov 27, 2008
Visit site
Richer Sounds advertising budget = Cambridge Audio best buys?
If Cambridge Audio is so great, why is it not available through other retailers who can do a positive comparison?
Wait and see?

nvHerman

Jun 8, 2020
Visit site
If Cambridge Audio is so great, why is it not available through other retailers who can do a positive comparison?
You do realise that Cambridge Audio are owned by Audio Partnership, which although not part of Richer Sounds, one of the founders was Julian Richer, and he owns 51% of AP

D

Deleted member 2457

I have checked the audio partnership website, seems you can only get there products from Richer Sounds, what an amazing coincidence!
You can get them direct from Cambridge Audio website too.

12oner

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I have checked the audio partnership website, seems you can only get there products from Richer Sounds, what an amazing coincidence!
There are some independent reviews available online. I understand that their exclusivity may make you dubious but lots of other markets do the same thing. Have you listened to their products? If they sound good I don't really think it matters where they're from. If they sound crap surely they won't be purchased.

I'm not speaking from the perceptive on a fan, just objectively.

Monoblock

Jul 25, 2020
Visit site
It’s widely known that Richer Sounds and Cambridge Audio are linked but that does not make them a bad brand.

What HiFi get revenue from Richer Sounds but they also do from the big audio companies, I’ve never read a favourable review for a poor product.

I got a full setup from Richer Sounds years ago, top end pioneer AV unit, Dali speakers all round, only Cambridge recommendation was the Blueray player which was a rebranded Onkyo unit and it’s been top draw.

If you look at reviews for the Cambridge ear buds what hifi have them but so do tech radar, pc mag and many other sites.
Cambridge have the right idea, they can’t compete with the marketing power of Sony etc and if they went into the retail giants the margin would get pushed and pushed to allow the big boys to make their big cuts, as it is you have a brand, who people respect as someone who competes as the mid level, who does get reviewed and who you can go and Demo, Richer Sounds continually get good reviews from their customer base, I need a new TV soon and I want to buy it from them.

I,d say to test it, then make your own decision

djh1697

Nov 27, 2008
Visit site
I don't need a 'home dem' thank you.

"Richer Sounds continually get good reviews from their customer base, I need a new TV soon and I want to buy it from them."

I have bought TV's from them, unlike other retailers, they give you a 6 year guarantee, free! I doubt they make much money from there TV sales, however, convincing people they need to spend £50 on a gold plated HDMI cable is where there is a lot of profit! HDMI is a digital signal, want to try a £5 one from eBay and compare...!

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts