What full HD LCD to buy in the sales?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello, im on a budget of £750 (which i know isnt much) and im looking for a 1080p LCD TV to rig my Playstation 3 up to. I would prefer a 40" screen but will settle for a 37" if the tv is better. Obviously looks will sell to me, but if im parting with such cash, i would like the best performance tv, as i want it to last me. im interested in the samsung LE40N87BD as this is on a sale price of £699,does anyone know if this is a good tele? also can anyone tell me the difference between the samsung LE M 87BD and the LE N87BD also the LE M 86BD are these just the same models but updated? Dont forget the LCD must be 1080p. thanks

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Ah, the joy of Samsung model numbers.

You'd think, wouldn't you, that the "N" models were replacements for the "M" models - but in fact the "F" models are the replacement for the "M" sets. The "N" ones are another new range - and one we haven't tested yet, i'm afraid, so I can't tell you if they're as good as the Ms and Fs.

What I can tell you is that the 86 and 87 designations are simply different flavours of the same set - one for DSG stores (Dixons and Currys), the other for alternative retailers.

Anyhow, any of the Samsungs are definitely worth checking out: get a side-by-side demo with a DVD you know well.

An alternative suggestion, if you were willing to stretch your budget a little (to £790), would be the excellent five-star Panasonic TX-37LXD70 - available here with a 'pay nothing til September 2008' deal, too.

A

Anonymous

How far you sitting from this 37" TV? I think Full HD at 37" is a waste of time unless you sit way too close and get square eyes.

Get the best TV you can, plasma or LCD, don't be fooled by screen burn worries on plasma or the 'must have' full HD specs. I play games for hours on end and have never had any problems with burn in.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts