What earbuds for TV use…

Simon_E

Jul 11, 2022
Visit site
I’d like a set of Bluetooth / wireless earbuds for use with a Samsung smart TV (2 yrs old). I have apple AirPods Pro (the noise cancelling ones) but they’re paired with all my apple kit and it messes it all up when I pair them with the Samsung TV.
I don’t have an android phone so I can’t use anything that needs a Samsung or android phone as the UI to control it; eg turn noise cancellation on and off.
Any thoughts please / recommendations?
simon

Simon_E

Jul 11, 2022
Visit site
No headphone socket + distance prohibitive for a wired connection. Not sure if there’s anything else that I could connect to a BT transmitter :(

DCarmi

I don't know what connections you have at the back of the TV but you can get transmitters with RCA and optical inputs.

Going back to earbuds. There are endless reviews for these things. I have a pair but I don't use them for video because they only support AAC and the latency annoys me. On the rare occasion when I use headphones when watching TV, I use a pair of over ears with aptX. The latency is much better.

So my recommendation would be for earbuds that support aptX or aptX-LL AND AAC because that is what your iPhone supports (though MacOS does support aptX, if you ask it to). You would need the same codec available on whatever transmission device you use.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts