what dvd/home cinema system to suit pana 42 pz

Harpo

Dec 24, 2007
Visit site
Hi all, just bought a panasonic pz and now need a home cinema system. I know I should go for separates but the cost would be much more and a load of large speakers around the room the wife doesn,t want. I dont mind a 2.1 system . I have looked at PANASONIC SC-PTX7 amongst others . Any views on this system or any others i should look at that work well with this TV. I have a budget of £500ish.

regards

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Our current Product of the Year is the Sony DAV-IS10 (£600) which has five tiny satellite speakers not much bigger than a £2 coin, yet it still delivers an amazingly big sound for such a small system.

If you want a good 2.1 system, take a look at the Samsung HT-X200 (£350) which is stylish, compact and delivers very fine picture quality for the money.

Harpo

Dec 24, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply

Would the systems you advised make the most of my TV picture wise as they upscale to 1080i not p.

Do you think I should pay more to get a better system to compliment the TV

I am being a little picky but want to get a system that I wont regret buying even if It costs more.

Regards steve

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Hi Steve

To be honest, at 42in screen size the difference between 1080i and 1080p is not going to be huge, so I wouldn't worry about that too much.

Should you pay more? Well, you'd probably have to pay substantially more to get a big jump in performance. Samsung's excellent HT-TXQ120 is £900 (but has tall floorstanding speakers, which may not suit your requirements), and KEF's KIT100 (£999) is a great 2.1 system but is about to be replaced by several new models.

Harpo

Dec 24, 2007
Visit site
Thanks Andy

Quite fancy the Kef system as I could also connect my ipod to it,

I think I,ll listen to the systems mentioned before making my decision and if the Kef is to be replaced I may be able to get a good deal on the outgoing model.

thanks for the advice

Steve

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Harpo"]Quite fancy the Kef system as I could also connect my ipod to it, [/quote]

You can connect your ipod to the Sony, Steve.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts