What do you think?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
PP, another DAC to add to your "maybe audition in the future" list, is the Teac UD-H01.

My local dealer rates it very highly and maybe even slightly better than the V-Dac 11 + V-PSU (which he also sells).
I haven't heard this for myself, but trust their judgement enough to recommend it as "worthy of audition."

CnoEvil said:
PP, another DAC to add to your "maybe audition in the future" list, is the Teac UD-H01. My local dealer rates it very highly and maybe even slightly better than the V-Dac 11 + V-PSU (which he also sells). I haven't heard this for myself, but trust their judgement enough to recommend it as "worthy of audition."

Forgotten all about this thread...:oops:

Yarp, the the DacMagic is back in the box until after Xmas: The Arcam standalone is more natural sounding. For the timebeing I'm just going to use the DacMagic as a sonic template, and once I get a streamer, I can look at possibly a replacment for the Cambridge, depending on what I hear.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
CnoEvil said:
PP, another DAC to add to your "maybe audition in the future" list, is the Teac UD-H01. My local dealer rates it very highly and maybe even slightly better than the V-Dac 11 + V-PSU (which he also sells). I haven't heard this for myself, but trust their judgement enough to recommend it as "worthy of audition."

Forgotten all about this thread...:oops:

Yarp, the the DacMagic is back in the box until after Xmas: The Arcam standalone is more natural sounding. For the timebeing I'm just going to use the DacMagic as a sonic template, and once I get a streamer, I can look at possibly a replacment for the Cambridge, depending on what I hear.

I did my best at the time....but the Penguin wasn't for turning! ;)

Crocodile

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
The DacMagic is back in the box until after Xmas:
If you have no intention of keeping the DacMagic then you may want to get rid now before the Plus model comes along & kills used prices.

Maybe see if you can trade for a Beresford Caiman?

Crocodile said:
plastic penguin said:
If you have no intention of keeping the DacMagic then you may want to get rid now before the Plus model comes along & kills used prices.

I got it at a bargain bucket price, so I won't lose much on it anyway. At least I have a benchmark to build on...:grin:

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
Crocodile said:
plastic penguin said:

+1. or that dac the record spot went for (can't remember the name).

T

the record spot

That's the Firestone Audio Spitfire II - around £250. Neat little box, can add a separate power supply for a further £118. Three inputs - optical, USB and coaxial. I used mine with a Fisula coaxial cable, which was about £3 from Amazon and was excellent.

I think however, that as and when the next contract comes along, hopefully soon, I'll splash out on the Onkyo TX-8050 for its digital inputs and the networking capabilities. More in line with what I'm after these days I think.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts