What do you think of this combination???

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am going to buy my first turntable and I was thinking of this set up:

Project Essential turntable

Pioneer a400 integrated amp

Q acoustics 1010i speakers

Do you think this combination will be ok together? (I'm trying to keep it to under about £300-350)

Also I assume I will need to buy any extra cables to hook it all together as the amp will obviously be used so what should I be looking for?

John Duncan

For the money, you'll be hard pushed to find better, if the A400 is in good nick. You might consider some Wharfedale Diamond 9.1s in place of the Qs, they can be had v cheap.

As for cables, I wouldn't be spending very much at all in this instance; eBay is your friend.

recordrookie said:
I am going to buy my first turntable and I was thinking of this set up:

Project Essential turntable

Pioneer a400 integrated amp

Q acoustics 1010i speakers

Do you think this combination will be ok together? (I'm trying to keep it to under about £300-350)

Also I assume I will need to buy any extra cables to hook it all together as the amp will obviously be used so what should I be looking for?

Hi recordrookie

The Pioneer A-400 is a truly great amplifier :) Diamond 9.1's are a good call and if your budget allows then Rega's RP1 turntable is also worth consideration. 9.1's and an RP1 will go quite a step further in opening up the A-400's big performance potential.

Btw, as for cabling basic interconnect and standard 79 strand OFC speaker cables will do the job nicely.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Seems you got yourself a fine sounding set-up! Little details, can do the trick here. Like using the right cables and spikes for oyour speakers. You going to use a seperate phono pre-amp or is it integrated?

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the advice! I was afraid that everyone was gonna turn around and say it would be awful together! The Wharfedal speakers seem like a good idea as they seem to have such good reviews. Ocean 37, the amp is integrated so I thought that would save me some money there.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts