What CDs and DVDs did santa bring

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Nikki Sixx - The Heroin Diaries. Book and CD.
Awesome tale of self-destruction, almost to the point of death - then back again, a must for any Crue fan.

A

Anonymous

Blade Runner Final Cut - Bloody brilliant. A must for all fans...

A

Anonymous

In terms of CDs, this little lot (some I purchased myself with gift vouchers etc)

Ryan Adams - Easy Tiger
50 Foot Wave - Free Music EP
David Bowie - Stage (DVD-Audio)
David Bowie - Live (DVD-Audio)
PJ Harvey - Rid Of Me
PJ Harvey - To Bring You My Love
Seth Lakeman - Kitty Jay
Richard Hawley - Lady's Bridge
Grinderman - Grinderman
Nick Harper - Miracles For Beginners
Klaxons - Myths Of The Near Future
John Mayall - Live At The BBC
Katie Melua - Pictures
Big Fish Soundtrack

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Rock Man"]Nikki Sixx - The Heroin Diaries. Book and CD.
Awesome tale of self-destruction, almost to the point of death - then back again, a must for any Crue fan.[/quote]

Was his solo music any good (as in pre Cru's Dr. feelgood album!)?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Thaiman"][quote user="huddo"]Dire Straits Love over gold [/quote] try 2nd track in the dark! sound amazing[/quote]

private investigations - missus hates it when i play that as i crank it up for the final crashes as the end, scares her wittless -

another good song in the dark - Echos by pink floyd

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Thaiman"][quote user="Rock Man"]Nikki Sixx - The Heroin Diaries. Book and CD.

Awesome tale of self-destruction, almost to the point of death - then back again, a must for any Crue fan.[/quote] Was his solo music any good (as in pre Cru's Dr. feelgood album!)?
[/quote]

This is very dark.
It's more of a soundtrack to the book than an album on it own merit............But, lights out, engrossed in the book, glass of Black Stump........AWESOME.

Gwyndy

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
This just arrived belatedly

and it's very strange indeed. For a major motion picture soundtrack, it all sounds a bit 'Paignton Light Operatic Society sings Sondheim': Mrs Burton sounds weedy and unconvincing, and Johnny Depp appears to have moved on from Keith Richards impersonations to Decca-era Laughing Gnome David Bowie.

And yet the movie trailers look superb - as I said, very odd...
[/quote]

Sweeney Todd soundtrack?- guess you wouldn't recommend it then?

Out of interest Andrew, any idea when Gramaphone website will be back, I'm trying to convince my wife to subscribe to the magazine-need some visual evidence to spark her interest I think.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts