What cd player should i buy?

Spinola

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
Hi friends i'm looking for a good cd player (around 400€ or less), for my hi-fi system.

My speakers are the Yamaha Soavo 1 DBR.

My AMP is a Yamaha AS201 200W RMS.

To play my cd's i have a DVD/CD SONY RDR HX950 and i'm not very happy with that.... I Think the speakers deserve better. The HX 950 plays ok but i think the device is more for tv and home cinema and not so good for CD.

My RCA cable is a QED Performance Graphite and the speakers cables are QED 79 Strand.

A few friends told me to buy the marantz CD 6005 but i don't what to choose.

What do you think?

Thank you.

My best regards,

Agostinho Spinola

A

Anderson

I think there will be no measurable differences between what you have and what you might change too. You'd be better off pocketing the money.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I would probably get a Teac for about £200 new. Or Marantz 5004 should be around or less than that. Or you can buy a Blu Ray player. I would not spend too much on a cdp these days.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't know much about your components or speaker, but I would consider buying a DAC and keeping your Sony CD/DVD player as a transport. Something like a Pioneer N-50 which will also give you an excellent digital network player. That way you can add a higher quality transport as funds become available.

MeanandGreen

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
If I was looking for a CD Player now I'd go for a second hand Sony CDP-XB930, a Pioneer PD-S703, or a Marantz CD 63 MK2 KI Signature. All respectable players and built incredibly well from CDs best era.

SteveR750

Gazzip said:
I don't know much about your components or speaker, but I would consider buying a DAC and keeping your Sony CD/DVD player as a transport. Something like a Pioneer N-50 which will also give you an excellent digital network player. That way you can add a higher quality transport as funds become available.

You beat me to it, that's excatly how I play CDs (when I feel the need to).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts