what cables to connect to pioneer 5090

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hoping someone can enlighten me. Have ordered the above plasma and going to wall mount it. I need to know what cables to run into the wall to ensure future needs.

I have a sony 820 amp so obvious need hdmi for this.However I have a wii connected by component so does this need a component from amp to screen aswell? I also have a hd/dvd recorder connected to amp and will have blue ray in future so both these are connected to amp by hdmi.

Also will be adding either foxsat or sky hd .Can these be run through the amp?and do I still need coax to the screen..

If I add a pc in future what will be required connection wise?

Hope all this makes sense and thanks in advance.

A

Anonymous

Looking at the review the sony can't upconvert to hdmi so you will need to run a component lead aswell.

I would suggest connecting the sat box by hdmi straight to the screen and optical to the amp. This would allow you to watch the sat box without having to have the amp on.

You only need a coax to the screen if you want to watch the built in tuner. I'm not sure if firmware updates are sent through an aerial or not, I think it's just the epg software. If you are going to watch it then consider putting an optical cable in to connect the sound to the amp.

For the PC it depends, if you're buying a new one get one with an hdmi and connect straight into the amp.

I would consider putting an extra hdmi into the wall as a spare too. Unless you're sure you won't need it. It'll be cheaper than chasing it out again later.

A

Anonymous

Didn't realise that nads. The sat box could probably go straight into the amp then.

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys

I maybe wrong but I thought by using hdmi control on the amp that the sound from the tv would play through the amp without need for other connection. I will check instructions when get home.

nads

dustymrb:
Thanks guys

I maybe wrong but I thought by using hdmi control on the amp that the sound from the tv would play through the amp without need for other connection. I will check instructions when get home.

as mentioned above one way for the HDMI hence the name it is an HDMI input.

you say you will have a PC connected? for what use? and what connections are you planing on using?

A

Anonymous

Ok point taken

will prob not use onboard tuner anyway but might be good idea to keep options open.How important is the quality of the optical cable?

Regarding the pc again just keeping options open. Just envisage web browsing and photo viewing/editing at present. Maybe ps3 would be better option.

nads

cable.. as long as it works and is not going to fail
emotion-5.gif
i have a QED something on mine.

the reason i as about the PC is that not all PC HDMI outs do sound. so a separate cable to the TV direct may be a better option than via the amp. and then an additional sound cable to the Amp for when needed.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts