What Cables Do I Need?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've recently bought a Samsung PS50C7000 3D TV along with a Samsung HTC6930 3D Blu Ray Home Cinema System. I've been told i will need two HDMI cables to connect it all up to Sky+ HD but my question is, is there a specific type of HDMI cable that i will need? Also, will i require an optical cable to connect the home cinema system?

3937edwards

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
hi you will need an optical cable connected to your surround sound system to your sky hd box to benefit the 5.1 surround sound that sky broadcast some of there programs in in respect to the hdmi cables theres plenty on the market ranging in price depending on what you want to pay versions 1.3 or 1.4 is what you need i have a samsung ps50c7000 as you have which is connected with a monster cable but these are exspensive unless you can get them of ebay very cheap belkin are not to bad either but as i said it depends on what you are willing to pay i hope this helps

robjcooper

Sep 29, 2008
Visit site
ThatCable HDMI cables - http://www.thatcable.com/ - if you believe that it's all just data and a cable makes no difference.

I use QED HDMI on my set up and they were a marked improvement on the cheap ones which I had previously bought from amazon.

All depends on which side of the HDMI cable debate fence your eyes sit.

Only thing to be aware of is that if you are interested in going down the 3D route, then you should go for 1.4 versions.

Enjoy

Rob

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the replies. Do you know how many HDMI cables i will need for my setup (TV, 7.1 3D Blu Ray Home Cinema System + Sky+HD)? There seems to be so much choice when it comes to cables that i want to make sure i purchase ones which will be compatible with 3D. Also, i presume the optical cable will connect from the amplifier on the home cinema system into the back of the Sky+HD box?

I seem to have done a half decent job in buying the actual hardware but when it comes to cabling i'm lost.

3937edwards

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
you need 2 cables from your sky hd to tv and from your surround sound to tv make sure you get high speed cable for your 3d veiwing and yes the optical cable plugs into the amplifier to the hd box

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts