What cable for my Denon system?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I plan on buying a denon dm37dab with either wharfedale diamond 9.1s/10.1s.

This will be my first hifi and as a result I have no idea what cables to get to connect it up. I also plan to get a denon dock, what cables do I need to connect that? I don't want to spend too much on cable.I'm no audiophile so only midrange cable quality is necessary.

Does anyone have any ideas on brands of cable?

Thanks

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
The Carnival Silverscreen is certainly a very highly recommended speaker cable. I would advise you to take a look at some before you buy it though. It's about the same thickness as garden hosepipe and not that flexible, thus maybe not that easy to hide. Maplins do some pretty respectable speaker cable at £2.99 or £1.99 a metre. Its what I use and reckon its very good. My system is pretty much the same as the one you are pondering.

Can't help with the dock, haven't got one.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
As above Jammers; the Chord Carnival Silverscreen will be bob on for what you need and it will be better than the Maplins offerings!

It's not that think; it's diameter is about the same as a 5p piece and is flexible enough.

A

Anonymous

Thats great everyone thanks. I'll look into getting some chord carnival silver screen.

One more question, if the speakers are placed about 3m apart with the denon system in the middle, about how much cable would I need? Is it just one length of cable from each speaker to the denon?

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts