What Cable for Bi-Wiring. Please Help

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I currently own Rotel RA04 amp and Rotel RC06 CD Player with BW 685 speakers. The amp has two speaker outs and I am looking to Bi-Wire the speakers.  Would I hear the difference or wasting my time and money on two runs of cable. I am looking to add sparkle to the system and upgraded from QED silver xt cable to Chord rumour 2 (install) however i don't notice a difference. If anything the Rumour 2 is lacking in the low frequencies. I welcome any suggestions.

Cheers 

A

Anonymous

I have the same amp and speakers as you and I use this cable: http://www.audiovisualonline.co.uk/dynamic/eshop_products.set/ref/47/profigold-pgc7254-bass-reflex-speaker-cable/display.html

It improved the bass over the QED stuff I had there before, but the speakers still remain very detailed as they should be. I found it gave a warmer sound, which is much to my liking. Another plus side, is it's relatively cheap (especially if you are thinking of bi-wiring.)

If you're buying cable, I would recommend that you bi-wire. Not because of the sonic improvement (there is a slight one with these speakers) but for if you decide to bi-amp in the future with a power amp, it's all ready for you.

TRENDING THREADS