What are your favourite guitar solos?

MrReaper182

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
So what are your favourite guitar solos? My favourite guitar solos are from the songs

War Pigs- Black sabbath

Stir it up- Bob marley and the Wailers

The Trooper- Iron Maiden

Wonderlust- Fozzy

The red river dragon has come- Nevermore

Sweet child O' mine- Guns & Roses

Livin' on the edge- Aerosmith

Gets me through-Ozzy Osbourne.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
MrReaper182 said:
So what are your favourite guitar solos? My favourite guitar solos are from the songs

War Pigs- Black sabbath

The Trooper- Iron Maiden

Wonderlust- Fozzy

randy roads all the way ... Tribute album.. Children of the grave runs shivers down my back . Shame he died so young . Slash out of guns and roses , David Gilmore out of pink floyd

D

Deleted member 2457

MrReaper182 said:

War Pigs- Black sabbath

The Trooper- Iron Maiden

Wonderlust- Fozzy

Metallica - Nothing else matters, Fade to black, Enter Sandman.

AC/DC - Thunderstruck and Back to black

Guns n Roses - Paradise City, November rain, Estranged

Thin Lizzy - Whiskey in the Jar

Lynard Scynard - Freebird

Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare and Beast and the Harlot.

Iron Maiden - Fear of the dark.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

The Ruts - Savage Circle https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZX2yd-8Arw (1.23 - 2.21) Though do listen to the whole track, it proves the myth of Punk bands not being able to play was indeed a myth.

MrReaper182

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
gel said:
MrReaper182 said:

War Pigs- Black sabbath

The Trooper- Iron Maiden

Wonderlust- Fozzy

Metallica - Nothing else matters, Fade to black, Enter Sandman.

AC/DC - Thunderstruck and Back to black

Guns n Roses - Paradise City, November rain, Estranged

Thin Lizzy - Whiskey in the Jar

Lynard Scynard - Freebird

Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare and Beast and the Harlot.

Iron Maiden - Fear of the dark.

Freebird had an amazing guitar solo.

MrReaper182

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
The Ruts - Savage Circle https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZX2yd-8Arw (1.23 - 2.21) Though do listen to the whole track, it proves the myth of Punk bands not being able to play was indeed a myth.

I love the song S.U.S. by the Ruts.

K

keeper of the quays

The end solo of different strings by Rush..end solo of jet lag by Nazareth...2468 motorway by Tom Robinson Band...crossroads version by Ace Frehley...astronomy by Blue Oyster Cult...lost voyage by Herbie and the royalists'...becks bolero by Jeff Beck...a day in the life version by Jeff Beck...red house by Jimi Hendrix...little wing version by Stevie Ray Vaughan...little wing version by G3...beat it by Micheal Jackson...eruption by Van Halen...smoke on the water by Deep Purple (made in Japan) last but by no means least is battle hymn by the (awesome) Manowar!

NMANo1

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Watched latest Roger Waters "The Wall" dvd last night & although that album is chocfull of amazing solos ( e.g. 'Young Lust' ) & it wasn't Dave Gilmour playing it, the solo on 'Comfortably Numb' is incredible, almost transcendant, in that you can lose yourself in it. Not many guitarists can do that for me. Maybe Carlos Santana...the live version from "Moonflower" of 'Europa' or Jimmy Page on 'Since I've been loving you' from Zepp3 or ...

NMANo1

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
keeper of the quays said:
The end solo of different strings by Rush

Love Alex Lifeson geetar but ends far too quickly. That could be another thread altogether! Another shout for that would be Fun Loving Criminals 'I Can't Get With That' from "Come Find Yourself". Huey Morgan exploding a blistering Wah Wah solo.

This thread is for favourite solos not favourite guitarists, just to be clear !

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
NMANo1 said:
Watched latest Roger Waters "The Wall" dvd last night & although that album is chocfull of amazing solos ( e.g. 'Young Lust' ) & it wasn't Dave Gilmour playing it, the solo on 'Comfortably Numb' is incredible, almost transcendant, in that you can lose yourself in it. Not many guitarists can do that for me. Maybe Carlos Santana...the live version from "Moonflower" of 'Europa' or Jimmy Page on 'Since I've been loving you' from Zepp3 or ...
Dave Gilmour is good I watched that program on bbc2 about him making the ratarattle that lock album and it said on there he has been voted best guitarist in the would by some magazine .

jjbomber

MrReaper182 said:
So what are your favourite guitar solos?

I was talking to Dan Patlansky about part of a guitar solo he played at Planet Rockstock last December. He explained that he couldn't even remember playing it. He said that he often checks on YouTube to find out exactly what he played. He said that on a lot of his solos, he just plays whatever comes into his head and he has a gut feeling about a lot of it.

The band were touring their new album, IntroVertigo. It was 13 minutes longer when they played it live than on the studio album. I wonder how many great solos never end up being recorded (officially).

K

keeper of the quays

NMANo1 said:
keeper of the quays said:
The end solo of different strings by Rush

Love Alex Lifeson geetar but ends far too quickly. That could be another thread altogether! Another shout for that would be Fun Loving Criminals 'I Can't Get With That' from "Come Find Yourself". Huey Morgan exploding a blistering Wah Wah solo.

This thread is for favourite solos not favourite guitarists, just to be clear !
I agree it should of gone on for much longer!

Peterapperup

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
Best guitar solo ever; starts at 1.35

hqdefault.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK44bWlOraM

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
My favourite solo has always been Tony McPhee on Split Part 2, on the Groundhogs seminal album Split.

Not saying it's the best, or technically perfect, but it's my favourite.

For sustained guitar brilliance look no further than Richard Thompson, the mans a genius.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts