What are you watching?

Page 64 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Still absolutely loving The Bridge III, and the new series of Fargo is getting better and better.

I kind of lost interest in the last series of The Returned as it went on, not sure if I'll bother with the next series (if there is one).

I've just started on Breaking Bad too.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
I've just started on Breaking Bad too.

I'd love to watch Breaking Bad again from the start, with no knowledge of what's coming next.

There's occasional egregious plot contrivance, and perhaps justifiable concern about underwritten female characters, though any minor flaws are easily overlooked because it's compelling TV overall. Wave goodbye to your evenings (and possibly early nights, too).

I'm sure you'll be hooked, more so as you work though the seasons. Let us know when you get to "Ozymandias."

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Lost Angeles said:
The Bridge season 3. Anyone know it they are talking in Swedish or Danish or both or ?

I wondered that too. It was good though, wasn't it, shame I guessed the perpetrator quite early on.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Lost Angeles said:
The Bridge season 3. Anyone know it they are talking in Swedish or Danish or both or ?

I wondered that too. It was good though, wasn't it, shame I guessed the perpetrator quite early on.

Yeah, very enjoyable. Series 1 Saga spoke in Swedish and Martin in Danish, both their native tongues. This time around they both seemed to speak the same language which sounded the same to me presumeably Swedish. In series 2 they went somewhere in Denmark and spoke to someone in a cafe and that was in a really different dialect, it sounded Dutch. It could all be Greek to me as I can't understand any of it.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Saw The Danish Girl in the cinema yesterday. Not a bad film, although I imagine it would have been improved without the drilling coming from next door.

It looks beautiful but I'm not convinced by Eddie Redmayne, I get the distinct impression that he's "doing a Redmayne" rather than really inhabiting the character. I felt the same about his Hawking in The Theory of Everything, superficially it's a good impression of Stephen Hawking but that's not the same as giving a good performance. He's got a series of stock Redmayne facial expressions that are trotted out, as well as a very Gere-esque blink that shows up pretty regularly!

K

keeper of the quays

Never saw original x files...watched first episode of new series...it seems the truth is still out there? Apparently all the previous series didn't uncover this "truth" I have a suspicion this new series won't uncover it either!

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Coincidentally, I've been catching up on the original series' of The X Files.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Lost Angeles said:
The new X-Files episode 1 on Channel 5, not sure about this yet. I used to love the X-Files.
It's "feels" like the old X Files, but so far doesn't have anything special about it.
The old X Files always had Mulder’s sisters alien kidnapping and The Smoking Man lurking in the background which you can’t do in a Six part mini-series.

Since the X Files finished we’ve had 4 good seasons of Fringe with 3 good characters, some X File type episodes and the parallel universe scenario which was really good.
After watching Episode 4 last night I agree with you it’s nothing special.

Starting on Series 3 of House Of Cards tonight.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Episode 5 was good, not sure about last night's. Have they set this up for a new series with Agent Einstein and Agent whatever his name was replacing Mulder and Scully? Might not be a bad idea.
Still got this week's Night Manager to watch.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Part 1 of Follow The Money a Danish crime thriller off BBC4 and on Friday we've got Episode 1 of Blue Eyes a Swedish thriller off More4. Can I tell the difference between Danish and Swedish?
Also watched the Grand Prix from Australia, think they need to slightly alter the qualifying idea, probably only eliminate 3 or 4 on the 90 second thing and the other 3 or 4 at the end of a session.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
I've caught up with series 3 of House of Cards, and just starting series 4 now on Netflix. It gets better, and better, and Kevin Spacey is brilliant as Frank Underwood. It will be interesting to see how Claire Underwood's character develops in this new series.

I've also been enjoying the BBC1 Sunday night thriller The Night Manager. I've never read a John Le Carre book so I've no idea how this dramatisation stacks up against the book, but I'm liking this (admittedly far fetched) story a lot.

The latest series of Happy Valley was superb, with really good writing, and great acting from a top class cast. It needs to take a break now for a year or two and also move away from the Tommy Lee Royce character, he's run his course.

Finally, Channel 4's Sunday night drama Indian Summers is top notch too.

That's about everything I watch on TV these days (other than a bit of sport now and again) , oh and before I forget Walking Dead which I think is up to about series 25 now!

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
DIB said:
The latest series of Happy Valley was superb, with really good writing, and great acting from a top class cast. It needs to take a break now for a year or two and also move away from the Tommy Lee Royce character, he's run his course.

Agree. Sarah Lancashire reckons she's not doing a third series though.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Been watching the original series' of X-Files, and have just finished series 2, which was much better than series 1, though it did get a bit stupid at the end.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts