What are you reading?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
chebby said:
Macspur said:
Hi Chebby,

Sorry to be a pain, but do you think you could also type details of the books, as my screenreader can't recognise images.

Mac

Sure.

London A to Z Street Atlas Historical edition 1938. (Published by Cassini.)

Arcadia by Tom Stoppard.

Many thanks, appreciate it.

Mac

SonofSun

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Wool by Hugh Howey

images

People living in a silo in a dystopian future , not bad so far.

Review - http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2013/jan/09/wool-by-hugh-cowey-review

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Not a lot.

Read the new Jack Reacher recently, which was OK, but was no 'One Shot' or 'Persuader'.

Mainly reading Highway Code stuff in preparation for my HGV theory test next Wednesday.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Big Chris said:
Mainly reading Highway Code stuff in preparation for my HGV theory test next Wednesday.

Blimey, I remember doing my Class 1 HGV in about '82.......the test was done by a cranky Glaswegian, with an unfathomable accent (what the ffk was he doing in Belfast?!). I hadn't a clue what he was saying. The more I said, "Eh?", the crosser he got. The crosser he got, the faster he mumbled, and the more I said, "Eh?" :wall:

I went completely off route, which didn't help his mood. To this day, I don't know how I past.

Good luck with it all, and I know what you're going through.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Only going for Class 2/ Cat C at present.

If I like it and can find work I might go for my Class 1 in future.

Just gotta pass the tests first. :pray:

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Big Chris said:
Only going for Class 2/ Cat C at present. If I like it and can find work I might go for my Class 1 in future. Just gotta pass the tests first. :pray:

When I did it, the questions about the truck (connecting/5th wheel coupling/covering/compressors for air brakes etc); and the maneuvering/braking were done at the test centre before going on the road. The highway code was covered when you returned......so at least it all happened on the one day. The whole thing took a little over 2 hours.

Simpler times.

SiUK

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Finished 'The Shadow of the Wind' by Carlos Ruiz Zafon on Thursday (terrific), and 'The Man Who Loved a Polar Bear and other psychotherapist's tales' by Robert U. Akeret this morning (incredible). Started 'Is It Just Me Or Is Everything Shït? The Encyclopedia Of Modern Life' by Steve Lowe & Alan McArthur this evening (it promises to be funny) - 'twas a present.

expat_mike

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
D

Deleted member 2457

Just bought this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/D-Day-June-1944-Climactic-Battle/dp/0743449746/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1382974578&sr=8-6&keywords=D-day

Going to have a read tonight.

SiUK

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Phallic Worship, A History of Sex & Sexual Rites, by George Ryley Scott. :)

It's a fascinating and illuminating study of phallicism.

Some foo' in the US is selling this book new for £606.41 ?? WTEffing Heck? Ive just looked at the pages of my copy, but they aren't made of gold or anything :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts