What are you listening to?

Page 423 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

MARKHOLDEN

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
41d0gf-WuwL._SS500_.jpg

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
I am listening to and watching the bonus dvd afterglow Black country communion and I am very pleased with the sound I am getting as I am playing it through a panasonic blu ray through an old yamaha av amp through my m6i atc 40schs and I have to say after such a long journey its sounds very good:rockout: :rockout: :rockout: :rockout:

theo12

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Andrew Everard said:

Definitely piqued my interest here Mr Everard. Previously I have only heard William Blake's peoms recited on the album Tyger by Tangerine Dream.

I found that quite beguiling.

Having read a couple of reviews on Amazon I am going to give this a try. CD is a bit expensive at 35 quid but the MP3 download is a lot cheaper. Thanks for sharing.

Theo12

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Came across this discovery a short while ago whilst browsing on Spotify for all things Danny Thompson related. Featuring Darrell Scott, Kenny Malone and of course the wonderful Danny Thompson, this is like an Americana/Roots power trio. Shades of The Band, Little Feat, CCR and that kind of stuff. Fabulous, my best buy of the year so far..

51l3bKzqgwL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
DIB said:
Came across this discovery a short while ago whilst browsing on Spotify for all things Danny Thompson related. Featuring Darrell Scott, Kenny Malone and of course the wonderful Danny Thompson, this is like an Americana/Roots power trio. Shades of The Band, Little Feat, CCR and that kind of stuff. Fabulous, my best buy of the year so far..

Hi is this Danny Thompson of the Richard & Linda Thompson fame ?:) :)

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
toyota man said:
DIB said:

Well he's not related to Richard but he has been a longtime friend and musical partner of RT for many a long year.

He's got a CV as long as your arm, he's played his double bass with far too many musicians to mention. Probably my favourite gig ever was seeing Richard and Danny Thompson together at Manchester's Exchange Theatre years ago, a truly magical evening of music, song and humour.

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
DIB said:
toyota man said:
DIB said:

Well he's not related to Richard but he has been a longtime friend and musical partner of RT for many a long year.

He's got a CV as long as your arm, he's played his double bass with far too many musicians to mention. Probably my favourite gig ever was seeing Richard and Danny Thompson together at Manchester's Exchange Theatre years ago, a truly magical evening of music, song and humour.

I was thinking of Teddy I will Have a listen to Danny though

TRENDING THREADS