What are you listening to?

Page 320 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

daveh75

31rxrlHBojL._SS500_.jpg

Aeroplane - We Can't Fly

A

Anonymous

dave, i've got a creative mp3 player. is there a way i can get some of my saved playlist stuff on spotify on it? ta...

A

Anonymous

daveh75:Not afaik Max. Though haven't you got an Android phone? There's a Spotify app for Android, that will sync your playlists...
emotion-21.gif

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Everyone out, next door at work, so the volume dials up a notch or two.

This style of music is not normally my cup of tea, but I love this album.

The bass coming out of my EB1's is phenomenal, can't imagine what a big pair of floorstanders would sound like.

51TiX6SwO4L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
James%20Blake%20Album%20Cover.jpg

James Blake - James Blake

'Til now, I've been listening to this album via Spotify. Today the CD arrived, blimey the difference in sound quality is startling - and the CD's low-end bass during Limit To Your Love is shaking the whole house, never mind the floor.
emotion-8.gif

daveh75

6th.replicant:

'Til now, I've been listening to this album via Spotify. Today the CD arrived, blimey the difference in sound quality is startling - and the CD's low-end bass during Limit To Your Love is shaking the whole house, never mind the floor.
emotion-8.gif

Interesting! I listened to that on Spotify last nightand wasn't impressed with the quality, so dismissed buying it...But may give it a punt if the CDs much better.

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
daveh75:
6th.replicant:

emotion-8.gif

Interesting! I listened to that on Spotify last nightand wasn't impressed with the quality, so dismissed buying it...But may give it a punt if the CDs much better.

In comparison, the version on Spotify sounds like a 10kbps MP3, while the CD, IMHO, is benchmark for heeeooge soundstage, spooky 3-D imaging and separation, and lung-vibrating bass.
emotion-2.gif

If he plays a main-stage slot at one of the summer festivals, with a typical battery-of-subs-type PA setup, his set's low-end bass will cause an earthquake.
emotion-7.gif

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
DIB:
Everyone out, next door at work, so the volume dials up a notch or two.

This style of music is not normally my cup of tea, but I love this album.

The bass coming out of my EB1's is phenomenal, can't imagine what a big pair of floorstanders would sound like.

51TiX6SwO4L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

emotion-21.gif
Good choice, DIB. Reminded me to give the following a spin...

51EybESJxlL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Erykah Badu - New Amerykah Part One (4th World War)

daveh75

6th.replicant:daveh75:
6th.replicant:

emotion-8.gif

In comparison, the version on Spotify sounds like a 10kbps MP3, while the CD, IMHO, is benchmark for heeeooge soundstage, spooky 3-D imaging and separation, and lung-vibrating bass.
emotion-2.gif

If he plays a main-stage slot at one of the summer festivals, with a typical battery-of-subs-type PA setup, his set's low-end bass will cause an earthquake.
emotion-7.gif

emotion-3.gif
Blimey, picked this up on CD today and am astonished by the difference in SQ, especially as i usually find Spotify @ 320 kbps pretty good and not thar far behind CD. Thanks 6th
emotion-21.gif

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
daveh75:6th.replicant:daveh75:
6th.replicant:

emotion-8.gif

emotion-2.gif

emotion-7.gif

emotion-3.gif
Blimey, picked this up on CD today and am astonished by the difference in SQ, especially as i usually find Spotify @ 320 kbps pretty good and not thar far behind CD. Thanks 6th
emotion-21.gif

My pleasure.
emotion-1.gif

As much as I like Spotify - I'm a recent Premium convert - I'm a wee bit disappointed by its SQ
emotion-6.gif

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
HD723385199038_185.jpg

Fred Jacobs & Johannette Zomer - Splendore di Roma (96kHz/24bit)

Record co's blurb:
"During the pontificate of Urban VIII (1623-1644), the arts in Rome enjoyed a period of unprecedented splendor. ...Johannette Zomer is accompanied on a selection of Italian pieces from this period by Fred Jacobs on theorbo."

Review:
"...Jacobs put his faith in the simplest colours and textures... Very intimate and very lovely. More soon, please, from this perfect partnership ...The recording is exceptionally full and detailed..." - International Record Review

Available at HDtracks.com, incl samples:
https://www.hdtracks.com/index.php?file=catalogdetail&valbum_code=HD723385199038

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts