admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
OK, I'm going to upgrade my old NAD 3020e amp. Sondek, Marantz CD5400, Cambridge Audios 640T DAB with Mission 702e main speakers and 2nd pair (in dining room) of old 70 mkII's. Got ~£500 to spend .... need 2 pair of speaker outputs and phono stage .... not bought any gear for a while ..... any recomendations?

A

Anonymous

would i need to fit the phono stage? or is it something you can order with the amp? or are you talking about an external box?

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
i not 100% sure but i believe it's a configured fit by the dealer or manafacturer but a seperate phono stage would be the order of the day. why not check out the rega brio, i am and i have an lp12. who would have thought rega and linn go together but believe me in the right combination they do.

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
yes your right , sorry, great amp though. anyway how about the audiolab 8000s with a seperate phono stage or use the 3020 as one through the aux input.

A

Anonymous

NAD C355 and a NAD PP2 phono stage. The phono stage isn't fitted, it's a small standalone unit (£49) that you can put behind your amp or on the floor etc.

A

Anonymous

What about the ARCAM DiVA A70? Sounds good on paper but anyone heard it?

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
New: Marantz PM7001 - £350 - 2 speaker outputs, built-in MM phono stage. Personally I wouldn't buy an external phono amp at this level as the Marantz board will be adequate, unless you want an MC option. If I was I would go for the £60 Cambridge Audio 640P rather than the MM-only Nad PP2, which I've owned previously and didn't like.

Second hand: Many tasty choices, e.g. Arcam DiVA A90, 2 speaker outs, phono stage optional but probably fitted if s/h. Cambridge Audio Azur 840A v2. You could partner this with a decent £150 MM/MC phono amp, such as the Pro-ject Phono Box SE.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts