What amp for lektor 1?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Any other suggestion for a good amp for Lektors?

Tried the ff.

Marantz PM6003 = Too refined, a little thin and forward sounding

Nad 326bee = mid range sound artificial

any other choices? I prefer warmth side of neutral.

A

Anonymous

+ What's your overall budget?

+ What music do you generally listen to?

+ Do you want brand new or will you consider decent 2nd hand amps?

+ Are your speakers on dedicated stands or are they mounted on shelves & also what is your room layout (i.e. carpeted and with soft furnishings or a wooden/hard floor with lots of free space etc...)

If you can answer the questions above then you'll get more concise answers
smiley-cool.gif

A

Anonymous

I like the sound of Nad 326bee on MA BX2 but not with the lektors, I actually prefer the sound of lektors hooked to my Onkyo 608 receiver than with Nad and Marantz Integrated amps. I'm now looking on integrated amp that almost the same sonic signature of my Onkyo 608.
smiley-smile.gif

paradiziac

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Dali recommend an amp of 40-100W power. The NAD/Marantz mentioned above are on the low end of the scale, whereas the Onkyo has a lot more power.

I reckon the Lektor 1's are very well balanced and neutral, they just need plenty of power to sound their best, only 84dB sensitivity. It's a small speaker that needs a large amp! ;)

I think these speakers sound good with the amp in my sig!

A

Anonymous

it plays loud with nad and marantz but sounds lack of control compared to my AVR. I really like the sound of Dali with Onkyo AVR. Maybe I'll just stick to my AVR for now. I own both BX2 and Lektor1, to my ears it beats the BX2. BX2 sounds more dynamic and exciting but has a bit thin midrange.

anybody tried the Onkyo A-5VL + Lektor combo?

paradiziac

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
If you think the Lektor 1s don't sound very dynamic, I'm fairly sure it's because of a lack of power/grip/control from the amp. I had them hooked up to a 40W Creek 4330 and they were nice enough but a bit boring. The Creek is a fine amp with more sensitive speakers than the Dali Lektor 1. With 50W of quality amplification, the Dali's just sound "right". They were also good with a good Cambridge amp (I think it was the 840A -- 120W).

If you're looking at new amps at say, £200-400, the Yamaha A-S500 is well reviewed (!) and would appear to offer more power compared to the others--on paper...no idea what it would sound like so that's all the advice I can offer!

paradiziac

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
On second thoughts, I think I'd be inclined to either stick with the Onkyo, look at used amps, or up the budget a little bit.

New, maybe something like the Rega Brio R would do the trick? Others might be able to advise on how much control the 50W Brio has when driving harder loads.

Zax89swe

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Anyone tested brio r with dali zensor series? Im planning to get dali zensor 7 to my brio r for a more neutral, easy and bassy listening compare to my previous BX2. When it comes to the brio Id find it in my experiance a slightly shrill in the mids but other then that it has that like sayed in the review agile that can give something like a full analouge life like sound where the things going on feels rather then flattern fatigue digitalising and the level of details is very high with a behaved top.

jonomd

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I have the dali lektor 2 and have tried a few amps with them.

I found the Yamaha S500 is a good amp very detailed and quite a nice presentation with some music. In hifi terms it is a strong performer. But for me notparticularly pleasent musically to listen to.

The Marantz PM6003 to me was just to restrained and smothered the music. Just did not like it at all.

My original amp was a Rotel 931. It was the amp i chose in the first place. I did not think it could drive the lektors effectively. Musically it is a nice amp and for me the Rotel 04SE would be the first port of call for a demo.

The rega brio 3 i found to be quite effective and a enjoyable listen .

Tried an arcam 5 not a big fan of it but found it to be quite a good listen with the lektors. (as with the rotel 931 not overly powerful) and these are not the most effecient of speakers.

At present using a Talk Electronics Storm 2. Will probably be changing this to a rotel amp in the near future.

I know the Marantz Pm6003 is often recommended and well liked but it is all a matter of personnal taste. Hopefully enough to give a bit of guidance.

A

Anonymous

Bass and highs of PM6003 is good for me, the really problem with PM6003 is thin midrange. Vocals shuts in and overpowered by high frequency instrument when listening to rock music.

Is Rotel RA-04SE brighter than marantz pm6003?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts