What A/V system to use with my Ipod?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I can't understand why companies are only giving a unit that has a CD player built in when I use my Ipod to listen to music on. I am looking for a single unit that can allow me to use my Ipod plus has a DVD and DAB built in. I want a system for my bedroom so it can play music from my Ipod and watch films. Is this so hard to ask for? Why can you get a digital Ipod dock (Teac) with a CD player or a DVD without a Ipod dock (like the Sony or Samsung). All i would like is a unit with DVD, DAB and a digital dock for an Ipod. Its not hard to do and as everyone has an Ipod then why leave them unable to have this kind of unit. Its like having a plasma or LCD without High Def connection fitted to it.... now that be mad!

A

Anonymous

The ipod is rubbish!!!! why on earth do people get led into the apple marketing machine??? Long live the CD!!!!!! If people continue moving onto so called digital music ( CD is anyway) the best format for giving consumers the sound quality that the artists want you to hear will die out. The reason music labels worry about copyright issues is down to the bloody ipod and moving the music file replayer market on too quickly.

A

Anonymous

I am not asking how good the Ipod is... lol I'm asking what system to place with it!

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Fair point! There are a few systems with DVD, DAB and an iPod dock, such as the Arcam Solo 5.1 and optional r-Dock (£130), but I suspect at £2000 that would be a bit much for a bedroom system!

JVC used to do a great little stereo DVD micro system, the £350 JVC EX-D5, to which you could connect any of the standard iPod docks such as the Apple Universal dock (£25), but it didn't have DAB, only FM/AM.

Somewhere in the back of my mind I remember TEAC or Onkyo announcing a DVD micro system, but can't remember if it had DAB as well. It does seem a bit crazy that so many CD micro systems are available with DAB, but as you say, there aren't that many DVD/DAB ones.

Anyone else come across anything suitable?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts