WHARFEDALE Evolution 2-50 FLOORSTANDING SPEAKERS

Holden Caulfield

Jan 2, 2023
Visit site
Does anyone have experience with these speakers? Are these speakers worth buying in 2024? I saw a listing for these for $500. Or should I buy the Wharfedale Evo 4.3 or 4.4? I can get the Evo 4.4 for $1200.

Dom

First thing I would do is audition them against the 4.3 and 4.4 to see how much better they are.

But you wont be disappointed with the 50 it sounds like if you wanna take a gamble.

Holden Caulfield

Jan 2, 2023
Visit site
First thing I would do is audition them against the 4.3 and 4.4 to see how much better they are.

But you wont be disappointed with the 50 it sounds like if you wanna take a gamble.
Well I can't really listen to any of these speakers. There's a guy who has the Evo 4.4 but he won't take them out of the box. I might be able to listen to the Wharfedale Evolution 2-50 but it's a long drive and I want to make a decision before I get in the car. I'm leaning towards the Monitor Audio Silver speakers, any advice would be helpful.

Dom

Thank you.

As a general rule, it is advisable to use speakers with a higher power rating than the output of the amplifier, that mean's the speaker suitable for your amp is the Wharfedale Evo 4.4.

Hope this clears things up for you.

Last edited:

UIOW

Jan 23, 2024
Visit site
Hey. hope still helps you
Does anyone have experience with these speakers? Are these speakers worth buying in 2024? I saw a listing for these for $500. Or should I buy the Wharfedale Evo 4.3 or 4.4? I can get the Evo 4.4 for $1200.
system match: Pathos Inpol² mk ii Monster 2.4 m series Cables.

they sound very natural. really mature. you don’t feel them working. only sound in front of you. comparing to “new” speakers like focal mid-levels, they have perfect Mid-rang. very similar to Opera QuintaV. highs are glorious. soft and clear. lots of fun in Take Five Brubeck.
I listen to them hours. never get tiered in my ears.

it’s been announced a 3way Speaker but it could be considered as 3.5. one Subwoofer, one midbass, on midrange and one tweeter.

low end has no issue. even more definable and recognizable line of melody than QuintaV by Opera. you can hear each note by double Bass. comparing to new demands of electronic music they have less bass. if want a lot Bass this Lady is not yours. for instrumental and acoustic music like Pink Martini or Chris Stapleton just great choice 👍🏻 for classic, awesome.

Consider at least 40cm to the rear wall.
and do not use the jumpers of it’s own. you will loose either highs or lows. Consider a 2.4 or 4.4 cable.

aesthetically: I have them in mahogany. far higher class compared to mid-level of Canton or Focal or these new in-photo-beautiful speakers. they’ve had indeed impact on their atmosphere.
their arched sid, chassis, fine real wood veneer and their relatively big size will touch you.
(big compare to its own class)

my next target will be Opera Callas Diva. over 10k$. until then these Ladies are definitely the best choice compare to their price. really nothing to complain.

hope end up with great moments.

Reactions: Holden Caulfield

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts