Wharfedale Diamond 8.1

A

Anonymous

Had a pair for years, first used with marantz 2 channel amp way back can't remember model.

Now used as rear surround speakers.

Not a bad for a budget speaker

Enjoy them on my av system as rears.

A

Anonymous

Compared to the 9.1's not as much bass but they are smaller.

It depends what you want them for, when I first had them I loved them on the 2 channel system and as

fronts and on my first AV receiver yamaha rsv4*** (circa2004).

Were ok with my present yamaha as fronts until the 9.1's arrived and they were much better.

As a rear surround at the moment I have no complaints very atmospheric.

hope this helps

Fred24

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
To OPO,

Well my friend..all i have to say about the 8.1 will be good things..I was introduce in real hifi world after listening the 8.1..up til now i am still wondering how on earth could such little pair of stand mounters sound so confident..The 8.1 produce such a depth of low frequency that i swear someone must have hide a subwoofer somewhere..the sound stage were so expansive an huge. Frankly speaking their sound doesn’t match their size.

.i have own diamond 9.1 and now the bx 2..none of these have never been able to produce the depth of sound..even my old 9.1 when accompanied by the Subwoofer SW150 across dm38 was not a match..even at party level they remain composed and yes they did shake the upper floor ..the midrange are also very airy with depth to vocals..they only complain i have is.8.1 could have done better with more sparkle in the treble department..my friend had it across an Cambride audio pre amp and power amp..i am yet to ask her for the model number of these so that i can be more specific..

in conclusion..i have never been impressed by speaker warmth in proportion to its size like the 8.1's ..i have also found this link http://hometheaterreview.com/wharfdale-diamond-81-speakers-reviewed/?page=2 it might be worth reading this review..

A

Anonymous

Thats probably why it took til 2010 to 'upgrade' to 9.1's but must say I also added sub at same time.

Might swap them round to see

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts