Wharfedale Diamond 10.2 vs. Dali Zensor 1 / KEF iQ30 vs. Monitor Audio Bronze BX2

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

which one of the above would you choose? I can get both for the same price (regular price for the Wharfedales is about 100 Eurobucks higher than the Dalis).

Or should I rather spend a little more? I can get a pair of KEF iQ30s for 350 ... same price as the BX2s.

My Amp is an old NAD 3225PE.

Opinions?

matthewpiano

What is your listening space like? What sort of music do you listen to? What sort of sound are you looking for? Do you intend to replace the amp at some point? What speakers do you have currently?

Give us a bit more information and we'll be able to help.

A

Anonymous

Oh, sure. My living room is about 4 by 5 meters. A couch, a table, a couple of shelves, that sort of stuff. My music taste is varied, everything from rock, metal, old school rap, game music and remixes to classical. I'll also hook up my Commodore 64 to play SID tunes and my Roland MT-32/CM-32 modules and my Roland SCC-1 and LAPC-1 in my DOS PC. I don't like really loud music so the amp should be fine, power-wise (25W). I also have a Sony amp in storage (TA-FB930R), but it's too big, too hot and I don't need the power. I will also watch movies over those speakers, as well as play PC games.

I'm not a bass freak, but it should be there when it's warranted (drums, explosions).

My current speakers are Logitech X-230s :) and they're actually not that bad. But I got this NAD amp for free and I thought this would be a good time to invest in some decent speakers. I would buy used ones, but the only good stuff that I've found was a SINGLE B&W Matrix 2 and another SINGLE B&W DM 601 S3 ... too bad I'm not deaf in one ear. ;)

matthewpiano

I'd be most inclined towards the Wharfedales for your use, but why not the 10.1s instead of the 10.2? They'll sound fine at low to medium volumes, have plenty of warmth and bass and are flexible across a wide range of different material. Easy to partner too so should be fine with your NAD.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
matthewpiano said:
I'd be most inclined towards the Wharfedales for your use, but why not the 10.1s instead of the 10.2? They'll sound fine at low to medium volumes, have plenty of warmth and bass and are flexible across a wide range of different material. Easy to partner too so should be fine with your NAD.

....agreed, and these are even cheaper, though not quite as good (but better VFM):
http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/2197

A

Anonymous

The reason why I'm looking at the 10.2s vs. the 10.1s is that I can get a pair of 10.2s, unused, for about 200 Eurobucks, which is the same price as the 10.1s new. I'm assuming the 10.2s do have better characteristics, especially bass-wise?

But, I'm also looking at the Dali Zensor 1s, since they got 5 stars in the review on this site, and according to the marketing blurb, the Zensors were designed to work with weaker amps. The Wharfedale 10.1s only got 4 stars (whatever that means).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts