Wharfedale Diamond 10.1

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

hortensio said:
Spectre, would you please tell me the difference between Wharf.Diamond 10.1 with Usher S 520?? Thanks

Certainly. The Usher is a really in your face little speaker and there are certain frequencies in the upper midrange (female vocals) that project forward from the mix. Tonally they a just a fraction greyer than the other speakers I own but everything is nicely integrated and appears to be in the correct proportion (bass, midrange, treble) to each other. The sound stage is very spacious with amazing width and depth, imaging is very precise, they are great performers as low volume, you can still hear them sparkle.

The Wharfedale have a richer more refined treble and midrange and sound much more in line with typical British designs, only the bass performance stands out as being a little ripe although this can work in their favour, depending on what your listening to. They also have great imaging and sound staging although not quiet in the same bracket as the Usher, again with the Wharefdale its about the richness of sound rather than thrusting things in your face. Although the Wharfdales are easy to drive they do like a little juice to sound their best.

My wife summed up these two speakers thus; if they were a woman the Usher would be a dominatrix and the Wharfedale a biker chick, the Spendors are like Audrey Hepburn, refined and elegant.

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
After listening for a couple of days;

The Dali Zensor 1 and Monitor Audio BX2 are much better speakers. The Diamonds are less clear and the sound never leaves the speaker if you know what I mean.

I'm going to sell them ;)

Manicmunky

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
moon said:
the BX2 and the 10.1 are really quite different speakers, hard to make a comparison like for like. one has two rear ports the other front ported, different tweeter material, different driver material, different driver size, different shape, different cabinet volume, the BX is a bit bigger, different sensitivity, different frequency response, different nominal impedance, different crossover frequency.

I do like both speakers........and for what it's worth I don't find any harshness in the C Cam gold dome tweeter.

Ahhh i knew someone is gonna mention BX2!! I was looking at it too... Grrrr

Ok i am trying to setup something if possible without a SW for a start and i know the wharfes can give me that.. Hehe

Nvr heard of the BX2... Please enlighten me abt this 2011 Award Winner. Seriously looking at it. :grin:

Hows Zensor & Lektor?

One more..should i consider a floormount or stand mount?

As for AV i am considering ONKYO TX-NR609. How about it?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts