wharfedale diamond 10.1 vs 220

Geo555

Jan 7, 2017
Visit site
Hi all,

what do you think about these two in a medium size room? used only for music with a yamaha a-s500

they both have good reviews. i can't audition them.

thanks

Geo555 said:
Hi all,

what do you think about these two in a medium size room? used only for music with a yamaha a-s500

they both have good reviews. i can't audition them.

thanks

Both good budget speakers in their own ways but, as always, best to buy something you can audition. There must be something within reach of you, where in the world are you?

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

Geo555

Jan 7, 2017
Visit site
ok thanks, any other suggestions at this price range that i should try to audition?

i live in greece but not the capital and all the hi-fi representatives are in athens.

plus i found a good deal on ebay on both of them, much cheaper than buying it from here, even including the shipping cost!

Geo555 said:
ok thanks, any other suggestions at this price range that i should try to audition?

i live in greece but not the capital and all the hi-fi representatives are in athens.

plus i found a good deal on ebay on both of them, much cheaper than buying it from here, even including the shipping cost!

In that case I would suggest you buy the 220's and decent speaker stands and if you do not like them then sell them on at little loss of money.

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
I think the 220s are a little more forgiving of position because of the bottom firing port. If I was buying like yourself without audition I'd go for them over the 10.1s

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
IV owned both speakers both quite different.the 10.1 are great at making everything sound good.great in all area's.the 220 are more audio file sound.open airy and detailed.if I had your amp I'd go for the 220.but if you want to play it safe 10.1

Geo555

Jan 7, 2017
Visit site
thanks all for taking time to reply. I ordered the 220s. And if I don't like them, I can sell them at low or no loss since their price is much higher and is a newer model

gasolin

Geo555 said:
thanks all for taking time to reply. I ordered the 220s. And if I don't like them, I can sell them at low or no loss since their price is much higher and is a newer model

Just return them to where you bought them if you don't like them, didn't like them at all, find my Missioon LX-2 to be better more noticeable bass, the top from 220 makes them sound dark the LX-2's sound more neutral without sounding briight

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts