Were to put homeplugs?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey, I just got these.... http://www.eclipsecomputers.com/product.aspx?code=NEB-F5D4074UK&af=50

For 59.00 in a shop and as I had vouchers already, they were 30.00 but I dont really know were to put them, maybe someone could help, and sorry if in wrong place.

I have my PS3 and router downstairs, and my pc upstairs.

Do I plug my PS3 into my router and one of these badboys from my router to the home plug. and then put one upstairs to my pc, or has this got to be hooked directly up to my PS3? I will be streaming HD.

Thanks so much

daveh75

Connect the PS3 to the router,then one of the homeplugs needs to be connected to the router, the other then needs to be connected to the remote PC/device you want to connect.

AFAIK most,if not all of these types of devices need to be connected to the same ring main to work, so if upstairs and downstairs are on seperate rings(which they commonly are) the homeplugs probably wont work!

A

Anonymous

I have had all my electrics done when I moved in 3 years ago.

I have a 85mbps one and it stutters all the time, but heard that was typical for HD stuff, I just wanted to make sure I did not have them plugged in wrong first.

Sorry I should have explained that,

Thanks

visionary

Apr 4, 2008
Visit site
I had to fit mine on the same ring.... ended up running cat 5 across the loft from the study in the extension into the main house to a homeplug in the spare room that was on the same ring as the lounge - mind you, still easier than cat 5 all the way to the lounge.

Don't you just HATE houses with chipboard upstairs floors
emotion-12.gif

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
Ravey Gravey Davy:

They do not need to be on the same ring main.I had mine working on 2 separate ones.

Edit- but they are best in their own socket not in a 4 way or Tacima etc
Ditto. I have 3 on 3 different rings, but none of them are is a multiway socket as per the instructions.,

TRENDING THREADS