want to go back to one box

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
thinking of putting my denon1909/ps3 upstairs and build a ok bedroom system.

so im thinking of getting an av amp downstairs but i may go back and play my turntable/squeezebox through it so im after so thoughts

i would sell my dac magic that the squuezebox goes through so my av amp needs to be on par with that.

and i have an arcam alpha9 stereo amp how much do i have to pay on a av amp to get the same aq on 2 channel playback.

first thoughts if i go ahead with this after xmas is the marantz sr5006 or will that fall short of the sq im after for 2 channel playback

A

Anonymous

I swapped out an Arcam A80 in my living room/TV system for a Yamaha RXV667 for £300, and I am perfectly happy with it. My other squeezebox is also plugged into it via optical.

A

Anonymous

I've got the 5006, and this weekend I've home demoed a pair of q300 speakers with a PM6004 for a second room. Just out of interest I ran a second set of speaker wires from the zone 2 on the 5006 to the q300's as an option. I was quiet outstanded by the results. There is no huge difference in running stereo from the 5006 to stereo with the PM6004. I even blind tested with my wife, and she heard no difference whats so ever. I couldn't believe it, I was prepared to buy the new amp and Q300's. Now I'm buying 14m of decent speaker wire and spending more on some R100's or R300's instead.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
thanks for the feedback that 5006 looks awesome.

i have been testing my br5's on my arcam 9 and denon1909 and the arcam won more at you and slightly more controlled at higher volumes. But ive gone for the denon for now and the arcam upstairs it was really close call but the front room looks better without 2 sets of speakers and i want something upstairs, the dac in the denon is alright and doing a 2hour test between the denon and dacmagic into the denon there was harly any change just the voloume was louder and slightly clearer treble on dacmagic but that becomes harsh when volume pushed,so im going to sell my dac magic and get a new phono stage for genie and then early next year buy a av amp with pre outs so if i want to add my arcam to it i can but im sure i coming around that home cinema amps made in the last 5 years around the £400-£600 have up there game on the 2 channel playback.

how hot does the 5006 run and it looks bigger than most?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts