Wall mount recomendations

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,

I have just got myself a pair of Kef IQ9s and am forced to wall mount these.

CAn anyone recommend some wall mounts for these speakers?

I have looked all over the place and can find very little.

Thanks In Advance

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that Jammoe but the problem is that the IQ3s have a teardrop shape and must therfor be mounted from their base.

I'm really struggling to find anything.

I even contacted Kef and they said they didn't do any mounts for this range of speakers.

I'm screwed :cry:

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
These are on that well known auction site. Adjustable. Max load 20kg. Just make a plywood or matching veneered MDF base and screw into the 4 mounting holes to make a flat surface for your speakers. There is room to make the base in a squre or teardrop shape to match your speakers. Then lots of of bluetac to keep you speakers attached to the base.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AVF-HEAVY-DUTY-SPEAKER-MOUNT-WALL-BRACKETS-EXTRA-WIDE-quality-/150832431872?pt=UK_AudioVideoElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_HiFiSpeakers&hash=item231e504300#ht_1866wt_1270

$(KGrHqV,!jkE9Vk)NjQbBPg)8NULNg~~60_12.JPG

Feral

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
I'd second the B-Tech BT77 mounts which i use on my MS avant 902i's. Solid attachment to the wall and pretty flexible for the pan and tilt on the mount.

A

Anonymous

They look pretty good but as Tino mentioned as my speakers have a teardrop shaped base I would have to cut something out of mdf to fit the base of the speaker which I don't want to do as the IQ range of speakers are asthetically very nice.

I think having to build a base to fit my speakers which in turn would fit the wall mounts defeats the purpose a bit.

:cry:

Jammoe

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I reckon the Vogel's would work. They "hold" the speaker at the front and back (on the face and base of each).

The front would definitely be fine as the mounts come with a rubber(ish) insert to allow for any curvature of the face of the speaker.

The rear "plate" contains two screws to hold the speaker to place. I don't use these as the fit is good on my B&W 686s. You could easily get longer screws if need be and put something on the end of the screw where it touches the speaker so as not to damage the speakers at all.

(Maplin do some budget speaker mounts which just have the speaker sat on a square metal plate; doesn't allow you much freedom of movement though, just swivel. And they don't take a huge amount of weight).

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Plywood + saw + 30 mins of your (or a friend's) time = custom bases for your speakers to fit general purpose wall mounts.

If you are going to try a different type of wall bracket that clamps your speaker try to use some padding material or you may mark the cabinets as you tighten the clamps aound them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts