Wadia Intuition 01..any thoughts?

DocG

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I've seen it in the flesh, but didn't demo it.

I like the visuals and the specs, but here in Belgium, it costs 50% more than a Devialet 110...

iceman16

DocG said:

I like the visuals and the specs, but here in Belgium, it costs 50% more than a Devialet 110...

Hi DocG,

I like the simplicity and very well specced. At 190w @8ohm/ 350w @4. I'ts really very tempting esp. when connected to SF olympica speakers>)

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
iceman16 said:
I like the simplicity and very well specced. At 190w @8ohm/ 350w @4. I'ts really very tempting esp. when connected to SF olympica speakers>)

Have you heard the 35i with SFs?.......I suspect it would sound gorgeous.

DocG

May 1, 2012
Visit site
iceman16 said:
DocG said:

Hi DocG,

No! :shock: Are you considering to change the AMS and Focals?

Or do you just try to upset us? :stare:

iceman16

CnoEvil said:
iceman16 said:

Have'nt heard the SFs with the AMS as my local dealer don't stock them. Love to hear the Olympica IIs soon:)

iceman16

DocG said:
iceman16 said:
DocG said:

Hi DocG,

No! :shock: Are you considering to change the AMS and Focals?

Or do you just try to upset us? :stare:

In case I will consider some changes, the Focals would go first:type:

matt49

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
iceman16 said:
CnoEvil said:
iceman16 said:

Have'nt heard the SFs with the AMS as my local dealer don't stock them. Love to hear the Olympica IIs soon:)

You might like them. They're hyper-musical, tremendously involving, produce enough bass to satisfy, and are as fast and coherent as standmounts. Well, that's what I think ...

:santa:

Matt

Neuphonix

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Hey Iceman,

don't do it, after the 1028be nothing in a stand mount will give you the same sense of scale imo. You'll miss it.

Having been lured to the dark side myself, I can say with confidence that you should check out the 205/2 with the ams before making any decisions.

Just thought I'd save Cno the trouble of typing ;)

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Neuphonix said:
Hey Iceman,

don't do it, after the 1028be nothing in a stand mount will give you the same sense of scale imo. You'll miss it.

Having been lured to the dark side myself, I can say with confidence that you should check out the 205/2 with the ams before making any decisions.

Just thought I'd save Cno the trouble of typing ;)

Good point, well put. :shifty:

matt49

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Neuphonix said:

Sorry to be pedantic, but the SF Olympica IIs are floorstanders. They do scale all right. Personally I'd take them over the Focals, but that may just be a matter of taste.

Matt

Neuphonix

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
not pedantic at all, my mistake. Seem to be making a few of them this morning.

I've been following your Devialet thread & for some reason my brain made the switch to Cremornas when I was reading your comment :)

Either way I stand by Cno's comment about making sure the 205/2 are given a run before any decisions are made.

matt49

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Hey, no worries!

If I were you, I'd certainly be sticking with the KEFs for a good while. In fact, they're on my audition list for the New Year. (January can be a bit dull in this part of the world.)

Matt

iceman16

matt49 said:
Neuphonix said:

Sorry to be pedantic, but the SF Olympica IIs are floorstanders. They do scale all right. Personally I'd take them over the Focals, but that may just be a matter of taste.

Matt

Hi Matt

Just to clarify, does the Olympica II's have a 9" bass driver?

Thanks

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
matt49 said:
Hey, no worries!

If I were you, I'd certainly be sticking with the KEFs for a good while. In fact, they're on my audition list for the New Year. (January can be a bit dull in this part of the world.)

Matt

I will be interested in what you think, but I suspect the SFs will be hard to shift from top spot......as I think it may well be one of those "classic combinations".

matt49

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
iceman16 said:
Just to clarify, does the Olympica II's have a 9" bass driver?

Hi Iceman,

The woofer is 180mm. They have a clever side-vented bass port that runs all the way down one side of the speaker -- either the inside or outside, depending which works best on your room.

Matt

matt49

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
I will be interested in what you think, but I suspect the SFs will be hard to shift from top spot......as I think it may well be one of those "classic combinations".

You may well be right (it's happened before!)

There are a lot of great speakers around, and in the end it'll probably come down to personal preference. I just like the way the SFs make instruments sound like real instruments.

Matt

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts