Wadia 170iTransport

Rufus1969

Apr 19, 2021
Visit site
Morning all,
Recently bought one of these second hand. It's a unit to connect a 30 pin iPod to your music system. It takes the signal direct, bypassing the internal DAC of the ipod and has both coaxial and optical outputs. I guess 12 years old. Was in the region of £350 new. Sadly only sporadically will it connect to either of my iPods, if at all. Just won't 'handshake' with them when you put the ipod in place. And when it does, it disconnects after 5 minutes or so. My DAC shows it still is connected all the while. Anyway, does anyone have any ideas who could fix it? Or would anyone care to make an offer?

iMark

I remember reading about the Wadia iPod dock years ago. They got excellent reviews at the time and were considered to be an excellent piece of kit.

If you only get sporadic connections through the 30 pin dock connector with any of your iPods it sounds like a dodgy connector to me. I have no idea if this could be repaired or remedied in any other way. If there was only trouble with one iPod I would blame the iPod.

You could always contact Wadia themselves and ask for their opinion: http://www.wadia.com/en-us/contact-us

I don't think you will get many offers if the connector doesn't work properly.

TRENDING THREADS