*vs England.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Credit to those penalty takers today - seemingly a lot less nervous than us viewers.
(Though I don'tike to see any game decided by penalties......usually 😁).
They were properly steely-eyed, weren't they. And Toney takes his without looking at the ball! Presumably so he gets the full SP on where the keeper might be heading. Much better overall, but still unlikely to trouble Spain unless there's more to come. Here's hoping.

DougK1

Jan 4, 2024
Visit site
Don't really like football, only watch Euro's and World Cup. We were very lucky, (penalty), we have also been lucky with our easy route in the group stages. Spain is something completely different to what we've come up against so far.

Don't really like football, only watch Euro's and World Cup. We were very lucky, (penalty), we have also been lucky with our easy route in the group stages. Spain is something completely different to what we've come up against so far.
I never have and, never will watch football, would still like us to win though.

Last time England won a major international tournament, was about a month before my second birthday, I’ll be 60 tomorrow…

DougK1

Jan 4, 2024
Visit site
I never have and, never will watch football, would still like us to win though.

Last time England won a major international tournament, was about a month before my second birthday, I’ll be 60 tomorrow…
Of course it would be nice to see us win but there have been some very poor matches all round, and also some firecrackers where teams have put their heart and sole into it from the kick-off. Unfortunately, from what I've seen the England team are in the former camp, though they weren't bad in first half last night, but can't forget a previous match where we had the ball in the opponents penalty area only for it to passed all the way back to our goalie! The better team will win on the day, hopefully it is England, but on current match performance Spain are way ahead of us.

As for '66, I watched it with my dad and brothers on the first colour TV on the estate...I was 8 years old :)

Happy birthday for tomorrow (y)

Reactions: Friesiansam

BiggaJ

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
I'm no football fan, I used to be but the last ten years have been of no interest to me. I did watch the highlights on YouTube and I did have my phone handy while watching other programs as the game progressed so go the live scores etc.

The penalty should never have been given however, that aside, on the balance of play and the shots on/off target and possession, England should have won and they did. Lets not forget they had a goal cleared off the line so even without the penalty they showed more in this game than they have in all the other games in this tournament so far.

What I cant get my head around is those saying Southgate will be England's most successful manager if he takes them through to winning this trophy. That just cant be right surely.

Reactions: DougK1

Jasonovich

I feel for the Dutch, the penalty decision was aweful but on the balance of play the better team went through.

Yeah love the progressive below sea level orange dwellers, I love their solutions to problem solving. Burglary in Nederlands was a really out of control, so they decided to legalise it, problem solved.

1720794672149.png

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts