Volume problem with CA Stream Magic 6

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have following setup:stream magic 6 -> rotel rb-1552 -> B&W 683 speakers. So as you can see, I'm using stream magic 6 as pre-amp. I have just connected this and I have big problem that it's way too loud. I'm starting with MUTE and then increasing for 1 step to -88dB any my room is exploding from too much loudness. I'm running latest firmware. Why is stream magic that loud and how can I decrease volume ?H

Hi guys ;-)

I was wondering is anyone had problem with exteme high volume level on Cambridge Audio Stream Magic 6 when used in pre-amp mode ?

My setup is DLNA NAS -> Stream Magic 6 -> Rotel RB-1552 -> B&W 683 speakers. Between SM6 an Rotel I'm using Straightwire Symphony RCA cables.

Yesterday I connected system and started with MUTE on SM6 and then increased for 1 step to -88dB any my room exploded with loud sound. I'm running latest firmware.

Did anyone had similar problem ?

Thanks a lot,

Alex

CambridgeAudioCare

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Hello bilke, sorry to hear this.

I've been doing some tests with a different power amp and this doesn't seem to be happening here. If you pause the music and increase the volume beyond -88dB, does the level stay high or is it only at -88dB? If problems persist, it may be necessary to contact your dealer for assistance.

Regards

Ed Selley

Cambridge Audio

A

Anonymous

Hi Ed,

So you think it might be power-amp ?

If I pause the music and increase volume towards 0 it's increasing on display, but there is no difference in sound output level (same high).

Unfortunately I don't have a dealer. I bought unit from private seller from ebay.co.uk. Whome shoud I contact in this case ?

In the ticket #084602 which I opened you on http://support.cambridgeaudio.com/ I also wrote that I'm running firmware v266-b-398. I was offered to upgrade to this firmware level 2 weeks ago during start of unit. However this firmware version is nowhere to be found on your stream magic 6 firmware support site. Is this some kind of error? Could this be the reason that I'm having volume level issues?

Thanks a lot,

Bilke

TRENDING THREADS