Virgin T.V. Sender

A

Anonymous

I was about to post the same question, so to avoid another thread...

I have two TV setups, one with a Humax PVR, one with an early Sony Freeview box.

I am about to subscribe to the Virgin Media V+ service which gives me a PVR like box, where you can watch one channel and record two others, I may be optimistic here but it's at least watch one and record another.

I don't want to run more cables to the two TV setups and have no idea how I would get the V+ output to both systems that way.

A colleague has suggested this setup which works for him.

Connect a SCART splitter to the V+ output, then one output to the local TV and one to a Maplin 5.8 GHz video sender. (A31JL)

Fit both TV setups with the Maplin 5.8 GHz receiver. (I believe you can buy a pack of 1 sender and two receivers)

I am told that this then works with the Virgin Media remote control, some issue with old and new remote controls which I have to find out about.

Obviously whatever is output at the V+ (via sender) is received at both remote TV's, only one person can use the remote V+ control, etc.

I have no idea about HD being sent, at all, or at lower quality.

Getting recordings from the V+ is also an issue, the only simple way being to play the recording and view at the remote TV via the video sender. Or record onto DVD and play DVD at the remote TV.

I had been looking for reviews on Video Senders but not located anything so I will be going with the Maplin sender/receiver.

I also looked in ASDA (not exactlythe home of HiFi I know lol) but beware, their sender says quite explicitly that it DOES NOT work with an NTL (Virgin Media) remote control.

My V+ will not be installed for a while, so if you have gone another route or have more info, as your post was Dec 08, then please let me know.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts