Vintage Naim pre-power. Any good?

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Hi, I'm thinking of trying to find a Naim 62/90 combo (old silver edged one) or similar as I've always wanted a Naim pre/power. I don't listen loud, so the power level should be fine, and most seem to have a phono stage which I need. I suppose my question is, is my nostalgia misplaced? If not, what sort of price should I be willing to spend. I was thinking of up to £250ish? Am I miles off the mark here, and if not, would I be better spending my £250 on anything else?

A

Anonymous

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Naim-NAC62-and-NAP90-pre-and-power-Amp_W0QQitemZ130212849805QQihZ003QQcategoryZ14973QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
My only reservation about kit this old would be the need for an overhaul, but since the guy says they have recently been done by Naim - something you could check with Naim if you get the serial numbers - they look like an absolute steal, and would walk all over the Rotel.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Fattyboys, I am not sure it would be an upgrade from you system!

If you going for the older type naim I would look for NAC82 and black & silver NAP 250 now that would be a big upgrade. The NAP 250 is widely regards as one of the top ten power amp ever build!

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
82? Didn't they come in the late 90's? Also, the 250 is way way above my price break. As much as I would love them, the 250s seem to be going for best part of a grand, without the pre...

A

Anonymous

I actually bought this for £275. I'm looking to hook it up with my Rega Turntable as it doesn't sound quite right with the Rotel, fully accept I may have made a HUGE amateur mistake but hey,its the only way you learn!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts