Vintage Marantz PM vs Pioneer blue series

Teo

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I' m looking for a cheaper system for bedroom was thinking of a PM 400-550-700 .How are these? what is a fair price ?

Also found a Pio SA - 610 revised , overhauled recapped for 150E Is this good ?

MeanandGreen

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
The lack of a responce is most likely because no one is familiar with those models. Unless a certain piece of vintage kit was legendary people aren't going to be familiar with the model numbers.

If you want to purchase vintage Marantz and Pioneer kit the best thing to do is verify the condition of the equipment and find out any technical data you can regarding power output THD etc... Then make an educated decision based on what you can find out.

If you're talking late 70's or early 80's Marantz and Pioneer they are both equally capeable brands. Personally I have a soft spot for Pioneer mainly due to growing up with Pioneer separates and the nostalgia I associate with it. I've always found Pioneer kit to be well made and very good sounding.

dim_span

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
my recomendation:

Pioneer A400 amp, Mission 751 speakers (the older ones and not the freedom model), a Behringer DAC (for under £20) , and connect to a laptop with spotify premium

above setup will cost approx £200 (or even cheaper)

you can add a cheap good cd player aswell (an old Pioneer PD model is pretty good for cheap)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts