Vintage amp with Technics sl-1200 mk2

Tzutzu

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I have a technics sl-1200 mk2 with an AT-95E on. My current amp (which I'm incredibly satisfied of) is an Arcam A19. But there is still some place so I thought a vintage amp will fit right in. Now, which one will match sl1200? Should it be a Technics? A Marantz? An Accuphase
drool.gif
? Or which one?

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
hi mate i used to have a complete technics system when i first bought my sl1200 the amp in the system was the as1000 pre power which was a good match ....other great classic amps ive had is the jvc ja-s71 ( massively well built with a host of features) really wish i still had it....pioneer and sony amps would also go well as well as the pioneer receivers of the same era .....i had an sx 1050

Tzutzu

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
You mean the stereo receiver or the one with vu-meters? The stereo receiver is special and I don't think I could find one nowadays. The second one I've always liked and I can still find some in good shape.

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
the one with vu meters in matt black very nice smooth sound ,,,,if i remember rightly they retailed for around the 700 mark in the mid nineties so they werent cheap...........and yeah the pioneer sx 1050 receiver was awsome.............i got mine from germany from the bay for something silly like 150 ...it had slight damage but worked just fine.........you dont see many of the jvc jas 71 but still keep an eye out for one it was a stonking amp

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts