vierra link, whats the point, how will it work

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi all, quick question for some of the experts here, whats the point of vierra link, and how will it work,

I understand the principal, the signal from one remote will travel down the hdmi cable, but for what reason.

I will have a onkyo 606, a panasonic 37" lcd vierra link tv, ps3 and sky hd. sky and ps3 into amp, then amp to tv. I am aware that only the amp and tv will be able to use vierra link, but i dont understand what it will do, how will the two work together and what remote will i use,

explain please

A

Anonymous

sorry to tell you Vierra link will only work with Panasonic products with that feature

A

Anonymous

are you sure, i thought the whole idea was to make a universal platfrom for all makes, and i have read somwhere that the new onkyo will work with vierra, aquos and a couple of others.

Andrew!! Andrew!!!

you know lots of stuff, any input on this

regards

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Andrew's on his way to Germany - to visit Thorens and then hook up with me at the High-end Hi-fi Show later this week....

AFAIK, Viera Link only works between Panasonic products - nice way of encouraging you to buy more kit from the same company.

The newest version (on all the 2008 TVs plus forthcoming DVD recorders etc) is even more sophisticated than just being able to control several devices from one remote. For example, if you're watching TV and see something you want to record, you can press the record button on your remote and it'll wake your DVD recorder up and spring it into action. then turn it all back off when it's finished.

A

Anonymous

so just to clarify, the vierra link button useless, and the onkyo wont talk to anything, great time to buy one of those cloth dogs that hangs over the edge of the sofa to put all remotes in.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts